The perfect comfort food for dinner is this Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon.
When my husband and I were first married, I was in for quite a surprise when I realized that I had to now cook dinner. Of course, he cooked many nights too; he honestly cooked much of the time for those first few years of our marriage. One meal we had quite a bit was this Penne Chicken Alfredo.
Then a few years into the marriage, our work schedules changed and I had to take over cooking. That is when I really had to learn to cook.
One of my friends shared with me this recipe for a homemade Alfredo sauce paired with penne pasta and after the first time of making this dish, it became a favorite.
Now, we love to add some freshly cooked bacon to it as well and make this Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon.
What smoked bacon should you use for Penne Chicken Alfredo?
The key, though, is making sure you get just the right flavor of bacon, I decided since fall is just around the corner that we would try out an Applewood Smoked Bacon. This bacon has a wonderful sweetness and its hand trimmed, then slow smoked over Applewood chips.
just love that apple flavor it adds to this pasta and combined with the sauce, it truly has a great flavor profile. This is one of those meals that is perfect for an at-home date night or just as a family dinner.
If you can’t find Applewood Smoked Bacon, feel free to use any type.
What do you need for Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon?
- Gluten-Free Penne Pasta or Regular Penne Pasta
- Cream Cheese
- Garlic Salt
- Smoked Bacon
How do you make Gluten-Free Chicken Penne Alfredo with Smoked Bacon?
It’s simple! This Chicken Penne Alfredo can be made gluten-free with a simple switch of pasta.
I tend to use this Gluten-Free Penne Pasta the most from Barilla.
This meal is not only delicious, but it’s also great for date night at home too.
Tips for Making Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon
This dish is best served warm right after it’s made. It can be reheated later; however, the sauce with any alfredo sauce is not as smooth once it gets cold.
It’s nice and smooth right when it comes off the stove, so I suggest eating it warm and not reheated.
Now it’s time to enjoy this Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon!
Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon
Make a delicious meal with this Penne Chicken Alfredo with Smoked Bacon!
- 16 oz Penne Pasta or Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Package Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 8 oz Block of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp. Garlic Salt or to Taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken Cookies
- Parsley to Garnish
- Begin by preparing the pasta as instructed on the package.
- While the pasta is being prepared, cook the bacon in your preferred method. Note: I place it on a greased baking sheet and put it in a cold oven, heat up the oven to 400* and cook until done.
- Once the pasta is draining, place the cream cheese in the pot used for the pasta along with the milk and garlic salt. Let this warm up and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the pasta bake into the pot and stir well.
- Chop about 8 slices of bacon into smaller pieces and add both the bacon and the chicken into the pasta.
- Mix well and add additional garlic salt to preferred taste.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.