Get ready for a treat with these Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks that can be made gluten-free too!
Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks are the best go-to snack and so easy to make using the Air Crisp function of your Ninja Foodi. This recipe was originally shared over on Air Fryer Fanatics.
These Mozzarella Sticks are crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside!
These can be served with warm marinara sauce or ranch dressing, plus made gluten-free if that’s a need too.
How do you make Gluten-Free Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks?
These mozzarella sticks can be made gluten-free with a few swaps, the first thing is you will want to use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I typically use Better Batter; however, you can use any 1:1 all-purpose flour that will be an even swap.
Next, you will need to use Gluten-Free Breadcrumb, this is up to you on type as well. They can be Italian Style or Regular.
These are the only swaps that you will need to make this gluten-free but always check ingredients first.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks:
String Cheese works the best for this recipe it’s easy to cut them in half and use them, but you can also do this with curds to make these Air Fryer Cheese Curds.
A few things to note is absolutely important to do the freezing steps of this recipe otherwise the cheese will ooze out of the coating in the Ninja Foodi. They need to be cooked from a frozen state.
It’s best to preheat the Ninja Foodi to get a crispy exterior.
As always, ALL machines heat differently, so you can also cook just 1 the first round to test it watching it closely at the first sign of the cheese oozing out, remove it. This will help you get the exact cook time and temp for your machine.
Ninja Foodi Mozzarella Sticks (Gluten-Free)
- 1/2 Cup Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 10 Mozzarella String Cheese
- Marinara or Ranch for Dipping
- Place the flour into a shallow dish.
- Crack the eggs into another shallow dish and beat them well.
- Place the bread crumbs, seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder into a 3rd dish and mix with a fork.
- Cut the string cheese in half.
- Roll the cheese in the flour, tap off the excess.
- Roll them in the egg, letting the excess egg drip off.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs and press firmly to pack them on.
- Arrange these on a sheet pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Once they are frozen, preheat the Ninja Foodi using the air crisp function to 360*F for 3 minutes.
- Spray the mozzarella sticks with non-stick cooking oil spray like grapeseed oil spray, and place them in a single layer into the basket of the Ninja Foodi.
- Air Crisp for 7-9 minutes, carefully flip them halfway through the cooking time. Remove them at the first sign of the cheese oozing out.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.