Make this easy meal in just about 30 minutes or less with Ninja Foodi Meatball Casserole, easy to make gluten-free too!
This Ninja Foodi Meatball Casserole is a great meal to add to your list of Ninja Foodi Pasta Recipes.
It can be made in the Instant Pot too, so take your pick on which machine you want to use!
How do you make pasta in the Ninja Foodi?
Typically any pasta can be made in the Ninja Foodi as long as you put in enough liquid. This is usually around 4 cups of liquid but may vary depending on the recipe that is used.
The pasta is then pressure cooked for half of the amount of time listed on the box.
Remember that the pressure will have to build first in the pot, which can take up to 30 minutes.
When making Ninja Foodi Meatball Casserole the entire meal will be made all at once in the pot of the Ninja Foodi, so the meal should take right around 30 minutes or less depending on the amount of time it takes for pressure to build.
Can you make this gluten-free?
This meal can easily be made gluten-free with a few swaps.
The pasta used will need to be gluten-free pasta. Personally, I prefer Jovial or Barilla Pasta because the others tend to leave a slimy residue when cooking them at high pressure.
I have not had that issue with Jovial or Barilla.
I have found both brands easily at Walmart or Target, any type of their pasta will work too so if they don’t have one type in stock, use a different one.
Next, you need to use gluten-free frozen meatballs. I have found that the ones at Target are gluten-free but always check the package first.
Now are you ready for an easy meal? If you don’t have a Ninja Foodi try this Baked Meatball Casserole!
Ninja Foodi Meatball Casserole
- 16 oz Gluten Free Pasta or Regular Pasta
- 26 oz Jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 Cups Water
- 24 Frozen Meatballs (or Gluten-Free Frozen Meatballs)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Add in the pasta, marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, 4 cups of water, and meatballs. Stir to combine, being sure that all the pasta is fully submerged.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid onto the Ninja Foodi and set the nozzle to ‘seal’.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Quick-release when it is done cooking. This needs to be done immediately so that your pasta does not turn to mush.
- Remove the lid carefully, and stir up the pasta.
- Add a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Move the function of the Ninja to BAKE at 350°F for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top.
- Carefully remove and serve.
- As a general rule, you look at the box of pasta you are using and cook it for 1/2 the cook time listed on the box. The pasta I used was to be cooked in 12 minutes, so I cooked for 6.