Make super easy Beef and Bean Baked Tostadas in minutes, plus they are gluten-free too!
These Easy Baked Tostadas are one of our go-to meals during busy seasons! Lately, though, every season seems busy in its own way…are you finding that to be true? So that’s okay because these are just on the menu A LOT!
What is a tostada?
Tostadas are basically flat tacos. These are typically crispy tacos that are simply flat.
The toppings are similar to a taco but usually always include refried beans.
The beans can be the main protein of the taco or you can add beans and taco meat.
How do you make Baked Tostadas?
These tostadas can be made a few different ways and I’ll share both of them in the recipe below.
The first option is to add your cooked meat and refried beans to your tortilla then bake it all together in the oven. This is actually my preferred way to make these.
My husband says it’s more like a soft taco then, but I think it gives the right mix of crunchy to make it easy to eat!
The next option is to bake the tortilla in the oven first to get them crispy then add your toppings. This is my husband’s favorite option.
So I guess we are a house divided on our tostadas, which means I’m sharing both options with you!
If you prefer to skip baking and go to the Air Fryer, check out these Air Fryer Tostadas.
Are these gluten-free?
These are naturally gluten-free based on the recipe below; however, you always want to check all ingredients first before using them.
This recipe is a very simple recipe that can easily be adapted to your dietary needs.
Easy Baked Tostadas
- 8 Street Taco Size White Corn Tortillas
- 1 Lb. Ground Beef
- 1 Package Gluten Free Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cups Refried Beans
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the ground beef in a medium-sized skillet on medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning per package instructions. If using homemade, add 2 Tbsp of seasoning and about 1/2 a Tbsp of water.
- OPTION 1 – If you want to bake the tortillas before adding the topping, coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray, and evenly place the tortillas on the sheet. Coat the tortillas with another coat of olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes, turning them after 4 minutes. Then, build your tostadas. This option will get your tortillas very crispy before building.
- OPTION 2 – Before baking, add a layer of refried beans and cooked taco meat to each tortilla. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray, evenly place the tortillas onto the baking sheet, and bake at 350°F for 8 minutes.
- Once the tortillas are baked, remove them and top with your favorite additional toppings.