Get ready to head back to school with these Quick and Easy Back to School Breakfast Ideas!
Sometimes though it’s just HARD getting that breakfast ready to go! That’s why I’m sharing these easy back to school breakfast ideas to help you get out the door in the morning.
I’m going to share with you some quick and easy breakfast ideas that are simple to prepare, better yet, you can prepare many the night or day before.
Tips for Back to School Breakfast:
A few quick tips can go a long way when it comes to getting breakfast ready.
- Prepare items in advance that can be frozen and reheated the morning of.
- Just like menu planning dinner, menu plan breakfast too, which helps you save time and money.
- Try to keep the sweet stuff to a minimum and go for protein-filled options.
- Keep grab-and-go options healthy such as breakfast burritos, fruit or nuts.
These are just a few quick tips as you plan out your breakfast. I will be showing a variety of options today some of which can be done as a grab-and-go, freezer style, or casseroles that you can keep leftovers of throughout the week to heat up.
What breakfast can be made gluten-free?
Almost all of the options I share in the list below will be available to be made gluten-free too, many are naturally gluten-free.
Luckily today there are so many gluten-free alternatives to ingredients that it is actually pretty simple to make breakfast gluten-free.
If you are making gluten-free breakfast burritos swap out the flour tortilla for a gluten-free tortilla and so forth.
Now it’s time to get to all these easy back to school breakfast ideas. I’ll continue to add more to this list each year so that you will always have a variety of options for breakfast!
Find Air Fryer Breakfast Ideas on Air Fryer Fanatics too!
Looking for lunch ideas? Check out these Back to School Lunch Ideas!
Back to School Breakfast Ideas
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Cubed Hash Browns
- 1 Lb Ground Breakfast Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion Finely Diced
- 1/4 Cup Green or Red Bell Peppers Finely Diced
- 8 Large Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 Gluten-Free Flour Tortillas or Regular Flour Tortillas
- Serve with – Salsa Sour Cream, Cilantro, Green Onions, Etc.
- In a large skillet, heat up the oil.
- Cook the hash browns until golden brown and remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add sausage, onion, and peppers to the skillet and cook until no pink remains, drain if needed.
- Add hash browns back to the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs until lightly beaten.
- Pour into the skillet and cook until set, stirring frequently.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat tortillas in the microwave for 8-10 seconds in order to roll easier.
- Spoon filling onto bottom 1/3 of tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold sides and then the ends over and roll up as tightly as possible.
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.