Have you ever tried a Stuffed Pepper Recipe? I’m sharing with you today How to Make Stuffed Peppers.
One of my tried and true favorite recipes are these stuffed peppers. I love mixing and matching with different variations of Stuffed Peppers.
I’ve done several over the years that I’ll link to at the bottom of this post including Breakfast Stuffed Peppers too, they are by far a favorite way to do breakfast in our home.
A few weeks back now, we picked up our produce basket from The Produce Gathering and we were surprised to see just how many peppers were in the basket.
Immediately my husband said we had to make Stuffed Peppers. I couldn’t argue with that either because we love them, as in our entire family does!
My son was a little apprehensive at first about them, but then he couldn’t stop eating it. That’s the first time I’ve ever seen him really eat rice without complaint! It was a nice surprise.
For this recipe, I decided to use stuffed peppers with ground beef. They were perfect!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers
I love how lean this beef is which makes for much fewer oils and fat dripping off it. A few times I haven’t even had to drain it because it’s just that lean!
I like to mix our beef with rice and just a little bit of olive oil and seasonings. I decided to go with a bit more of a mix of seasonings for these peppers including garlic salt, sage, and parsley. I also added some green onion that was in our basket too!
These can really be created to your preference, but they are just so easy to do. I mixed our beef and rice with a little bit of marinara sauce. Then, all you do is stuff them in the cleaned out peppers and bake! That’s it, so simple. I usually pair ours with corn and we have a complete meal.
Be sure to check out these Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipes:
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 2 Lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Sage
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 2 Cups Rice Cooked
- 1 Cup Marinara Sauce More to Taste
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Cut the top off of each pepper and clean the seeds out, set aside.
- Warm up a medium sized skillet with the ground beef and cook until well done.
- Drain the beef and return to the pan.
- Add in the olive oil, green onion, parsley, sage, and salt. Mix this well.
- Add in the cooked rice and marinara, mix well.
- Scoop the mixture into each of the peppers and place in an oven safe dish.
- Top the mixture with the cheese and bake for 20 minutes until cheese melts and peppers are soft.