Make easy stuffed peppers with this simple recipe and learn how to make stuffed peppers!
One of our favorite go-to meals is Stuffed Peppers. We typically make them in the Air Fryer; however, they can also easily be made in the oven too.
Check out these Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers for the air fryer version.
This recipe mixes some fresh flavors with ground beef, very simple and quick!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers:
Learning how to make stuffed peppers is so simple, it’s simply a matter of browning ground beef and adding a few ingredients then stuffing the peppers.
For our stuffed peppers we always use marinara or meat sauce, personally, I prefer meat sauce as it has a better flavor.
This can be either your own homemade variety or store-bought, it’s up to you!
Then, I add in cooked rice along with the meat, marinara, and a few herbs and spices to create this tasty meal.
These are easy to prepare then they will bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
We typically serve them alongside sweet corn, but you could always add that into the peppers too.
Do you need to pre-cook the peppers?
Pre-cooking peppers is not necessary unless you prefer it. We like our peppers to be a bit more crunchy and to hold together, so I do not like boiling them first.
They are easy to cut with your fork while you are eating the stuffing and mix right into the meal even without boiling.
How should they be cut?
We cut the top off ours and then stuff the peppers and usually will discard the stem and the top; however, you can also cut them in half lengthwise too.
Are these Gluten-Free?
These are naturally gluten-free; however as always be sure to check all ingredients first to be sure they meet your dietary needs.
Remember if you enjoy this try this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Enjoy this easy meal!
- 6 Green Bell Peppers
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Rice
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 Chopped Green Onions
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley
- 26 oz Meat Sauce (Spaghetti Sauce)
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese Optional
- Start by preheating the oven to 400*F. I cooked the rice as directed on the package.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet and warm up to medium-high heat. Then, add in the ground beef and cook until browned.
- Once the meat is well cooked, add in the green onion, garlic salt, and parsley. Let this cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the marinara and rice into the skillet and let this warm up for about 3 minutes.
- Slice the top off each pepper and clean out the seeds.
- Stuff each pepper evenly with the meat mixture.
- Place the peppers into a 13×9 or similar size baking dish. It's best to put the peppers in without the top and lay the tops beside them in the pan.
- Bake at 400*F for 40 minutes or until peppers are soft.
- Top with cheese and serve.