As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make dinner quick and easy with this Dorito Taco Salad, which is also simple to make gluten-free too!
If you love this Easy Taco Salad, then you will love this Dorito Taco Salad too with a few variations!
We have been making this salad for YEARS with ranch-style beans and Fritos, but recently I was introduced to a new way to enjoy it and that’s with Doritos.
I have to say…I love those Doritos even better. It gives it that cheesy crunch that you will absolutely love.
Dorito Taco Salad has become a staple on our menu plan because it comes together in minutes, the longest part of preparing this is just cooking the meat. That can even be done in advance if you prefer as well and warmed up before serving.
Tips for Making Dorito Taco Salad:
This salad can be made in advance; however if you do this be sure to keep all the ingredients separate. Many of the vegetables like lettuce and tomatoes can be stored together in an airtight container, but you will want to warm up the meat before serving.
The chips you will also want to keep separate as well so they do not get soggy.
Then, once you are ready to serve it bring all the ingredients together and top the salad with the Doritos. It really provides a great crunchy flavor to this salad.
The meat can be made with gluten-free taco seasoning, either a package or you can use this homemade taco seasoning as well.
Another substitution that can be made, you can use Ranch Style Beans if you prefer to. My husband prefers these on taco salad, while I like to go with black beans.
If you have leftover Ninja Foodi Pinto Beans those are a wonderful option too.
Can you use other dressings for Dorito Taco Salad?
Catalina Dressing is our preferred choice for taco salad. It really compliments the flavors well; however, you can use your own personal favorite as well. It’s easy to get creative with this salad.
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning or 1 Packet
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 Package Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes or 2 Medium-Sized Tomatoes
- 1 Bag Dorito Nacho Cheese Chips or Gluten-Free Alternative (See Note)
- Catalina Dressing
- 16oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 15oz Beans (Black or Pinto) Rinsed & Drained
- 1 Small Red Onion, Sliced
- 1 Can Fiesta Corn, Drained
- 1 Can Black Olives, Drained
- 1-2 Avocados
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat until well done. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning and water and cook on medium heat until well combined.
- Clean and cut the lettuce and tomatoes.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef.
- Add in any of the additional ingredients you prefer.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Serve with the chips and additional ingredients. **See Note**
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can be served with Ranch Style Beans if preferred and a variety of toppings such as green onions, lime, salsa, etc.
If you plan to store this to serve for letter, keep the ingredients separate from each other and do not add chips to the entire bowl or they will get soggy.
If you are unable to eat Doritos, here is a good gluten-free alternative.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 698mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g