Make an easy, tasty soup with this Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup!
This Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup has been a go-to for our family for many years and it was past due to be put in the spotlight again!
This particular recipe is a classic twist to our traditional Stuffed Peppers with a brothy base.
Can you make this soup in the Ninja Foodi?
It can also easily be made in the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker using the slow cooker function. If you do this, be sure to use the pressure cooker lid with the nozzle set to “VENT”. The remaining instructions will be the same.
When I am not using my Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker, I use my Ninja Slow Cooker. I’ve had this particular slow cooker for years and it’s become my old faithful go-to for slow cooker meals.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup:
The most important thing to remember when making this soup is to add in the rice at the end of the cooking time. It needs to be served just shortly after adding in the rise or the rice will soak in all of the liquid.
If this were to happen then you can easily use the stuffing to put into tortillas; however, to keep it nice and brothy for soup, be sure to serve it immediately.
We typically serve this with tortilla strips they pair well with this recipe.
It can also be made gluten-free, just use gluten-free taco seasoning and all other swaps should be naturally gluten-free. As always be sure to check all ingredients first.
If you prefer that your soup is more spicy, add in some jalapenos to add heat to it. This soup as written is very mild.
Now it’s time for a bowl of Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb Ground Beef Cooked & Drained
- 1 Packet of Gluten-Free or Regular Taco Seasoning or Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 3 Green Bell Peppers Sliced & Seeds Removed
- 3 Green Onions Diced
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup White Rice
- Tortilla Strips Chopped Cilantro, Sour Cream, Cheese (to Garnish)
- Begin by browning and draining the ground beef if needed.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, add the ground beef, taco seasoning, green bell peppers, onion, corn, and tomato sauce to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the beef broth and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- In the final 20 minutes of cooking time or within 20 minutes of serving it, add 1 cup of rice and let cook for about 20 minutes.
- Do not let the rice cook much longer than that or it will soak up all the liquid.
- Serve with your choice of toppings such as sour cream, cilantro, cheese, and tortilla strips.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
Warren buffett quotes says
This look delish!
Oh yum! This looks delicious!