As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make a great easy dessert with this Easy Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Recipe! This is wonderful with fresh strawberries.
Remember too, this Strawberry Shortcake Recipe can be done gluten-filled or gluten-free, it’s a simple swap of flour to make this delicious dessert.
Strawberry Shortcake is a classic dessert over the summer topped with fresh strawberries. Of course, it can be hard to resist that store-bought shortcake, but it’s actually very easy to make these from scratch at home with pantry ingredients.
That’s right, more than likely you have all that you need for this recipe right in your pantry.
Shortcake is actually a crumbly cake, unlike what you’d likely find in the premade items at the store.
How do you make Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake?
This recipe only requires one easy swap to make it gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour. It’s best to use a 1:1 flour to make this shortcake.
That’s the only swap you will need to make this gluten-free, no other extra special ingredients needed.
Do you use fresh strawberries for strawberry shortcake?
This recipe will be done with fresh strawberries, they really are best when made with fresh strawberries. At this point with strawberries in season, you will have no trouble finding a good deal on fresh strawberries.
The strawberries will be soaked with sugar to get them nice and juicy. It’s also best to cut them in half, thick slices are better for this recipe.
What should you top strawberry shortcake with?
Strawberry Shortcake is best topped with homemade whipped cream and more of those fresh strawberries. The homemade whipped cream has a wonderfully creamy texture with a vanilla taste.
It complements the strawberries well!
How long will Strawberry Shortcake last?
Strawberry Shortcake is best served fresh, but it does last for 1-2 days that you can reheat the shortcake if you prefer for it to be warm otherwise serve at room temperature.
If you enjoy this recipe, you will love these Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes!
Now, are you ready for a treat? Let’s enjoy this Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake!
- 1 Pound (16oz) Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour or Regular Flour
- 2 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cold, Cut into Pieces)
- 1 Cup Buttermilk or Heavy Cream, plus more for brushing
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Clear Vanilla Extract
- Clean and slice strawberries in half and add to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with Sugar.
- Place in the fridge for chilling.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a food processor, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar (See note).
- Pulse until well combined.
- Add butter and mix until butter is broken and the mixture is coarse.
- Pour milk on top of the flour mixture and mix just until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Remove dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Form dough into a large disk.
- Roll dough out slowly until about 1 inch thick.
- Use a floured biscuit cutter to cut circles.
- Lightly brush with extra heavy cream or buttermilk.
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place close together on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Mix cold heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer fitted with a whisk until stiff peaks form about 10 minutes.
- Slice biscuits in half.
- Top-bottom with whipping cream and strawberries.
- Add top and more whipping cream and strawberries.
You can use a food processor - if necessary though you can use a pastry cutter or fork to cut butter into flour mixture.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 539Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 588mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 8g