As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
With a few pantry-style ingredients, you can easily make this gluten-free homemade cake mix!
Not only is this a DELICIOUS cake, but it’s a great little gift to give to as we head into the holiday season. So many people are baking and cooking more this year, so what a fun little gift idea paired with some great baking utensils and maybe a cake pan.
Making a Homemade Cake completely from scratch happens to be the easiest thing to do! I promise…you do not need a store-bought mix.
How do you make Gluten-Free Homemade Cake Mix?
Homemade Cake Mix only uses a few pantry style ingredients. The only swap you will really need is gluten-free all-purpose flour. I use Better Batter; however, any 1:1 Flour will do.
This simple swap is the main thing to make this gluten-free.
The rest of these ingredients will be right in your pantry:
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
That’s ALL you need for this mix, then pair it with a little note and pass it on as a gift or just get right to it and make a fabulous cake.
I have the full instructions below on how to make this as a full cake as well, which just uses a few ingredients from the fridge.
I’m not a fan of buying pre-made mixes at the store if I have all the ingredients already in the pantry, so that’s one reason why I really LOVE homemade mixes.
How long can you store Gluten-Free Homemade Cake Mix?
It can basically be stored for the same amount of time the ingredients in the cake mix can be stored…so A LONG TIME! We usually stick with keeping it stored no more than a month at a time.
It does need to be kept in an airtight container, so be sure that it’s sealed well before putting it in the pantry.
Now can we just all sit back and enjoy a nice slice of cake?
More Gluten-Free Mixes:
Dry Ingredients for Mix:
- 1 1/4 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Wet Ingredients to Make Cake:
- 1/2 Cup Milk or Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
To Make the Mix:
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients for the mix.
- Store in a jar with a lid or airtight container.
To Prepare the Cake or Cupcakes:
- Combine the cake mix with the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 pan or divide into cupcake liners.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If making cupcakes, bake at 350*F for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely and frost as desired.
The cake mix can remain in an airtight jar in the pantry for up to a month.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 63Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g