As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Be sure to add this delicious Gluten-Free Cream of Celery to your recipes, it’s easy to make this homemade version with real ingredients!
It’s a great idea to have some easy recipes on hand for cream soups, especially if you need a gluten-free option. They do make a variety of gluten-free options at the local store, but if you prefer a freshly made option, these cream soups are perfect!
How do you make Gluten-Free Cream of Celery Soup?
The only ingredient that is not gluten-free is the flour, so for this recipe, use gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter or any 1:1 flour. Any flour of your choice will do if you prefer a different brand as well.
This simple swap is all you need to do to make this recipe gluten-free.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Cream of Celery Soup:
This soup is easy to make right on the stovetop, you can also store it in the fridge in an airtight container. These typically last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
When I make this, I usually make it the day before I’ll need it for the recipe to prep ahead.
Cream of Celery Soup is a great staple to have on hand and this particular recipe uses fresh celery, a food processor can be used to chop the celery or you can simply chop it with a sharp knife.
This can also be made with leftover chicken stock or chicken broth, that option is left up to you with what you prefer.
This particular recipe is one that we use in a few different recipes including one that I’ll be sharing soon for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings. Be sure to stay tuned for that recipe coming soon.
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter
- 6 Tbsp Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Chicken Stock (Chicken Broth)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
- 2 Cups Celery, Chopped & Sauteed
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Whisk in the flour until well combined.
- Add chicken stock and milk, whisk until smooth about 1-2 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until it begins to thicken about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the sauteed celery.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 1536mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g