Get Game Day ready with these Football Sausage Rolls!
It’s almost time for the Big Game, are you ready yet? I’ve been upping my game on recipe ideas to get ready for our Game Day celebration including these fun Football Sausage Rolls!
Tips for Making Football Sausage Rolls:
These sausage rolls use a smoked sausage rope, like the one pictured here, and crescent rolls. Then, it’s simple to make the lines of the football with white icing.
These sausages will be cut in half lengthwise. Once they are cut in half lengthwise, then you can cut them again in smaller pieces. This made about 8 sausage rolls with 1 rope, but it will vary a bit depending on how big they are cut.
At this point, you will roll out the crescent dough and cut it into long strips, then wrap it around the sausage, and then let them bake in the oven.
Can you make Football Sausage Rolls in the Air Fryer or Ninja Foodi?
These can be made in the Air Fryer or in the Ninja Foodi using the Air Crisp function. The same method would be followed as is with these Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket.
Once you are ready to cook these sausage rolls, you would cook them at 390*F for 5-8 minutes until the crescent roll is nice and golden brown.
What should you serve Football Sausage Rolls with?
They can be paired with Homemade Ranch Dressing for dipping too.
We like to add these to our game day recipes to give a savory addition to some of those sweet game day treats!
If you enjoy these, you’ll love these Sausage Pepper Rolls too, these add some kick to the sausage rolls.
Enjoy these tasty Football Sausage Rolls!
Football Sausage Rolls
- 1 Package Smoked Sausage Rope See Pictures
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls 8
- White Icing
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Slice the sausage lengthwise then again across in the sizes you would like them to be, think finger food size.
- Unroll the crescent dough on a cutting board, then pinch together all the creases of it to make one large crescent roll dough.
- Use a pizza roller to cut the dough in strips lengthwise across, and then wrap a strip around each sausage.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Let them cool completely, and then ice them to resemble football laces on top.