As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get Game Day ready with these Football Sausage Rolls!
It’s almost time for the Big Game, are you ready yet? I’ve been upping my game on recipe ideas to get ready for our Game Day celebration. Of course, the majority of my Game Day foods feature lots of snack hacks, such as using my slow cooker for some sausages and queso, plus making lots of hand held foods such as these Football Sausage Rolls.
Let’s talk about these delicious Football Sausage Rolls, you will want to pick up the Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage at your local Walmart to make these tasty snacks. While you are shopping for the smoked sausage, I suggest grabbing some of their cocktail sausages too. The cocktails are perfect to toss in the slow cooker with your favorite sauce to serve to guests too.
These sausage wraps are the perfect crowd pleaser. I simply cut the sausage in half lengthwise and then in smaller pieces. I like to use the sausage rope for these because it gives a good size to the wraps, once they are cut in half then determine the size you want and cut them down again. At this point, you will roll out the crescent dough and cut it into long strips, then wrap it around the sausage, and then let them bake in the oven. Once they are fully cooled, it’s easy to add the football laces to each roll and you have the perfect themed snack for your Game Day table. I like to pair them with my dill dip too, such a versatile snack to pair with your favorite dipping sauce.
I’ll admit I like Game Day parties more for the food than the actual game…priorities. I’d say my priorities are right, don’t you think?
Now, it’s almost time for Game Day and I think I have my menu down, plus all my tabletop tailgate ideas too. We are ready for all that fun at home tailgating. Are you ready? What do you plan to serve?
Enjoy these tasty Football Sausage Rolls!
- 1 Package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage
- 1 Crescent Rolls Dough
- White Icing
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Slice the sausage lengthwise then again across in the sizes you would like them to be, think finger food size.
- Unroll the crescent dough on a cutting board, then pinch together all the creases of it to make one large crescent roll dough.
- Use a pizza roller to cut the dough in strips lengthwise across, and then wrap a strip around each sausage.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Let them cool completely, and then ice them to resemble football laces on top.