Get ready for a delicious dinner with this EASY Slow Cooker Chili made in your slow cooker or crockpot!
Making a pot of chili is likely one of my favorite dinners to make during the fall and winter, it’s also an added bonus that it’s very easy using this Slow Cooker Chili recipe!
Today I’m going to focus on a standard traditional chili recipe.
Can you put raw ground beef in the slow cooker?
Raw ground beef can be placed into a slow cooker and cooked, and there are also some slow cookers that even have a function specifically to cook the ground beef.
In the case of this particular recipe, we will be browning the ground beef prior to adding it into the slow cooker.
Can you prep the slow cooker chili the night before?
This recipe can be prepared the night before in the slow cooker, then in the morning just set it and forget it! This is how I typically make these slow cooker recipes.
I rarely have time in the morning to get the slow cooker, so having slow cooker meals I can prep the night before and leave in the fridge, then place on the slow cooker in the morning is a must!
How long do you cook Slow Cooker Chili?
This chili will be done at 4 hours because you are essentially warming up already cooked ingredients; however, it can be left on the slow cooker for up to 8 hours.
We typically leave it on 8 hours since that’s generally how long we would be gone during the day when preparing this recipe.
This Slow Cooker Chili uses pantry-style ingredients plus the addition of meat to make a great easy chili recipe!
Slow Cooker Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 16 oz Cans of Chili Beans
- 1 14.5 oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10 oz Can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
- Fritos or Cornbread
- In a medium-sized skillet, brown the ground beef on medium-high heat and drain.
- Add the ground beef, chili beans, broth, tomatoes, minced onion, garlic clove, chili powder, and ketchup to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, it will be done and ready after 4 hours but if needed you can cook for the full 8 hours.
- Serve with cornbread or Fritos and cheese.