Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
It’s time to get ready for fall and this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili is just the way to do that!
I originally posted this several years ago, but my husband is already begging for his favorite pumpkin chili. Have you tried pumpkin chili? Trust me, you want to! Even if you aren’t a pumpkin fan, you would likely enjoy this.
Last fall I saw so many post about how they loved Pumpkin Chili, but I never got up the nerve to actually try it myself! I love pumpkin but the thought of the two together never went sounded good to me. I finally decided to bust open my last can of pumpkin from last fall and try out Pumpkin Chili.
To make this chili I simply adapted my Slow Cooker Chili and added canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice to the mix!
The aroma of fall drifted through the air and the taste was incredible. My initial thought was it would be a mouthful of pumpkin but the pumpkin actually acted more as a seasoning as opposed to being an overpowering flavor. It’s a very subtle flavor that enhances the chili. We like to serve this with cornbread or Fritos, it’s up to you and your preference!
Now it’s time to enjoy this tasty chili, I promise you will love it! It’s our go-to chili each season. I love that I can just prep it in the slow cooker the night before too and then just turn it on in the morning. It’s a great way to enjoy a homemade meal in the fall.
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 16oz Cans of Bush’s Chili Beans (Use Gluten Free Chili Beans, if needed.)
- 1 14.5oz Can of Beef Broth
- 1 10oz Can of Rotel or Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Pureed Pumpkin (Canned Pumpkin)
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tsp Minced Onion
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 Cup of Ketchup
- Optional Toppings:
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Brown and drain ground beef in skillet, then add in the beef and all other ingredients to the slow cooker except for the optional toppings.
- This will be done after being cooked on low for 4 hours, but it does do fine being left in the slow cooker for up to 8 hours.
- Note: This chili is very mild, for more spice add additional chili powder and/or jalapeno peppers.
- Gluten Free Note: I use Bush's Chili Beans but as always be sure to check the ingredients to be sure the chili beans you use do not contain gluten.
Enjoy this delicious fall meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
22 Responses to “Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili”
Pingback: Week of 10/28 | Boot Camp with LSD
Pingback: 50 Pumpkin Recipes to Try
Pingback: 10 Unique Pumpkin Recipes
Pingback: BBQ Chicken & Menu Plan Monday
Pingback: Easy Meal Plan #60 - Written Reality