As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
The perfect Easy Spinach Quiche for Breakfast or Brunch!
As we know, Mother’s Day is coming up soon and although many of us may still be at home, it’s a great time to celebrate mom with a delicious brunch or breakfast in bed. This Easy Spinach Quiche is a wonderful, savory recipe to make too.
Quiche is actually a great breakfast recipe, but can easily be served for brunch or lunch too. It’s one of those meals you’d likely see served at a small cafe with a side of fruit and Iced Tea. It’s a classic.
Tips for making the perfect Easy Spinach Quiche:
There are some things to remember when making quiche, one is that you want the crust to jiggle just a bit, that means it’s not overcooked. If it doesn’t have a little jiggle then you have likely overcooked it, you can learn more on that with these mistakes to avoid when making quiche.
Quiche is eaten warm, not too hot and not too cold. The leftovers can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days after making the quiche too.
Why do you blind bake the crust?
Blind baking the crust simply means that you bake it for a bit before you add in the filling, this allows for the crust to get nice and crisp.
If you do not blind bake the crust, the bottom will typically turn out soggy because so much of the filling has seeped into it.
When blind baking, it’s best to add dry beans or pie weights, weigh down the pie keeps the crust in shape and means it does not puff up or shrink. It’s very simple to blind bake, just be sure to follow each step and not skip or you may not have the same result.
Can you prepare a quiche in advance?
Since quiche can be reheated, you can make this spinach quiche in advance and warm it up just before serving. This can be done again in the oven or in the microwave.
Can you make Easy Spinach Quiche into a gluten-free recipe?
This can be made gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free pie crust. That’s the only switch that would be needed to make this gluten-free.
I use Better Batter All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour when I do any of these pie crust, that’s my favorite. You can use any of your favorite options though.
Favorite Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipes:
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust (Mama Knows Gluten-Free)
- Extra Flaky Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- Basic Pie Crust – Gluten-Free
Are you ready for a treat? It’s time to make this amazing Easy Spinach Quiche, just in time for Mother’s Day!
- Pie Crust, Refrigerated or Homemade (or a Gluten-Free Pie Crust)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 8oz Mushrooms, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 10oz Frozen Spinach, Thawed and Drained (Squeeze out the water)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- Prepare the pie crust and form into a deep dish pie plate.
- Chill in the fridge for 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Blind bake the crust, by adding pie weights or dry beans.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove and set on cooling rack.
- Lower the temperature to 350*F.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and cook the onions, mushrooms, and garlic until soft and translucent. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper.
- Drain spinach and squeeze all water, blot with a paper towel.
- Add the spinach, cheeses, onions, mushrooms, and garlic to the bowl with the eggs.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 350*F for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If needed, add foil around the edges to prevent over browning.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Make this gluten-free by swapping the pie crust for a gluten-free pie crust, either store-bought or homemade. See more details in the post on gluten-free pie crust recipes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 170mgSodium: 654mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g