This Easy Fudge Recipe is a must during the holiday season and easy to make gluten-free too!
One of my fondest memories growing up is the kitchen table full of fudge at my grandma’s house. I still remember the smell of all the varieties of fudge, she literally made one of everything!
Christmas time at my grandma’s house was the best part of my childhood, and I love that I can share that same tradition with my kids. So each year, right before Christmas we make all the goodies.
The cookies, fudge, party mixes, and more! We enjoy it and although we’re usually all wiped out by the end of the day, taking them to friends and family is one of the best parts of our traditions.
I feel like it connects me with my grandma and this year it’s even more memorable because we lost my grandma this year. Her Rainbow Sherbet Punch though lives on, because that’s a holiday favorite as well. One she was sure to request every year for Christmas.
Tips for Making this Easy Fudge Recipe:
Fudge is SO EASY to make, but there is one big key…the timing! Timing is everything when it comes to making fudge.
Once the chocolate chips are fully melted, immediately remove from heat and follow the remaining steps. If you heat it too long or too short of a time, it will not harden correctly.
If you are using a candy thermometer it’s best to heat the ingredients to 235*F.
I rarely use a candy thermometer and go with it when it’s melted and remove from the heat. It does not take long to melt it either, just about a minute or two, so keep watching closely.
Variations of Easy Fudge Recipe:
The best part of this fudge recipe is that you can really get creative and add a variety of toppings. In this particular case, we added nuts but we also love to add peppermint to make Peppermint Mocha Fudge.
Other options are to swirl in peanut butter or marshmallows too.
Enjoy this Easy Fudge Recipe and be sure to add this to some of your holiday treats!
Easy Fudge Recipe
- 4 Cups Chocolate Chips Semi-Sweet
- 2 Cans 14oz each Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Nuts Optional, Peppermint Sticks, or other Toppings
- Prepare an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, leaving extra around the sides.
- Chop nuts or peppermint and set aside.
- Add chocolate chips and milk to a heavy saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until chips are almost completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir until chocolate is smooth and creamy.
- Add salt and vanilla, stir until combined.
- Stir in nuts or peppermint until well combined.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Chill for 2-3 hours or until well set.
- Life fudge from pan using the parchment paper.
- Cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.