As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Full of flavor and easy to make, enjoy these Easy Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes, also gluten-free too!
These Easy Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes are simple to make and perfect to pair with Ninja Foodi Pork Chops.
If you enjoy these you may also like this version of Ninja Foodi Scalloped Potatoes.
This recipe pairs delicious varieties of cheese to make a flavorful version of scalloped potatoes.
Do you need to soak potatoes before making Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes?
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes do not need to have the potatoes soaked first, they will have plenty of cook time in the crockpot.
How do you make Gluten-Free Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes?
The only swap you need to make these gluten-free is to use gluten-free all-purpose flour, such as Better Batter. I prefer Better Batter, but you can use any gluten-free 1:1 flour of your choice to make this swap.
Other than that, all remaining ingredients are naturally gluten-free but always check the ingredients.
What do you need for Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes?
- Russet Potatoes
- Gruyere Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Gluten-Free or Regular Flour
- Half and Half
- Chicken Broth
- Seasoned Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
The main flavor profile is going to come from the variety of cheese in this recipe, so it’s imperative to be sure to use the cheese listed to get the full flavor of the recipe.
Can you make these in the Ninja Foodi?
The Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker does have a slow cooker option, so you can make these in your Ninja Foodi with the slow cooker function, or they can be made in the traditional slow cooker too.
Tips for Making Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes:
These will cook for 6 hours, it’s best to serve them warm out of the crockpot, but you can store the leftovers in the fridge.
Remember to follow the layers as mentioned in the recipe so that they are properly layered to cook evenly in the crockpot.
Time to enjoy these Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes!
- 2 Lbs Russet Potatoes, Sliced 1/8in Thick
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Gruyere Cheese, Shredded
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 2 Tbsp Butter, Softened
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free or Regular Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 2 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbsp Chives to garnish
- Lightly grease the inside of the crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, combine half and half, flour, and garlic, this makes the sauce mixture.
- In another bowl mix together the cheeses.
- Wash and slice potatoes into 1/8 inch thick.
- Add a layer of potatoes and onions into the crockpot.
- Sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Pour 1/2 sauce mixture over the potatoes, about 1 Cup.
- Scatter 1/2 the cheese blend over the top of the sauce mixture.
- Repeat with a layer of potatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Pour remaining sauce over the potatoes.
- Add the remaining cheese.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or until the sauce has thickened and the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 441Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1064mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g