As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make these easy scalloped potatoes in the Ninja Foodi in just under 25 minutes. These are also easy to make gluten-free too!
One of my favorite recipes to make for the holidays are these gluten-free scalloped potatoes. As I’ve fallen more in love with my Ninja Foodi, I knew I had to try these in the Ninja Foodi.
This scalloped potatoes recipe is a classic that was passed on from my grandma and out of one of her old cookbooks from the 1950s, the only change I made was the swap of flour.
If you are making these gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
Are these Scalloped Potatoes or Potatoes au Gratin?
The big difference in the two is the cheese, so technically these could be called Potatoes au Gratin because I do top them with cheese as well. Most people though will know them as scalloped potatoes.
Tips for Making Scalloped Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi:
- Potatoes should be peeled and sliced about 1/8 inch thick.
- These work well with any potatoes but yellow or gold potatoes have a great flavor and russet work well too.
- Use the Ninja Foodi All-Purpose Pan for this recipe, it’s a perfect size.
- The sauce can be made in the pot of the Ninja Foodi on the saute function or on the stove, it’s your preference.
- Let the dish sit for about 5-10 minutes to fully cool and thicken up.
- These will be made in the Ninja Foodi utilizing both the attached lid and the pressure cooker lid.
What functions of the Ninja Foodi do you use for potatoes?
To make Scalloped Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi, first, you will be using the pressure cooker function. The first step is to cook the potatoes with the pressure cooker function and lid.
The nozzle will be sealed and these will be fully cooked with the pressure cooker function. Once the potatoes are done, the next step is to make the sauce to go over the potatoes.
This can be done in the pot of the Foodi or right on the stove. I actually prefer the stove, but you can do it in the Foodi and simply pour it over the dish when it’s cooked.
Finally, you will build the potato dish in the multi-purpose pan and place the pan on the wire rack in the low position. This will be cooked using the attached lid of the Ninja Foodi on broil.
The broil function will fully cook the scalloped potatoes and get the cheese nice and crisp.
What should you serve with Scalloped Potatoes?
Scalloped Potatoes pair perfectly with Ninja Foodi Turkey Breast that is made with the air crisp function. We like to use this as a side dish for holiday dinners. It’s a great filling side dish and it feeds about 6 or more as a side dish too.
This is also wonderful paired with ham cooked in the oven too.
Now it’s time to make these Scalloped Potatoes in the Ninja Foodi!
- 8 Medium-Sized Russet Potatoes or Yellow Gold Potatoes (Peeled and Sliced 1/8inch thick)
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Using the Ninja Foodi, spray the pot with olive oil cooking spray and place the potatoes in the pot. These should be peeled and sliced to 1/8 inch.
- Add 1 Cup of water to the pot of the Ninja Foodi.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid, set the nozzle to 'seal'.
- Pressure cook on high for 1 minute.
- Quick-release the pressure, open the nozzle to 'vent' immediately following cook time.
- Place the all-purpose pan on the wire rack at the low setting.
- Coat the all-purpose pan with olive oil cooking spray and place the cooked potatoes in the pan.
- Add the onion evenly on top of the potatoes.
- Use either the stove and saucepan or the Ninja Foodi pot and the saute function for this part.
- Add the butter to the saucepan or the pot of the foodi on high heat.
- Whisk in the flour, salt, and pepper, continue cooking for about 10-15 seconds.
- Stir in the milk.
- Bring this up to a boil for 1 minute, whisking to keep it well combined.
- Once boiled, remove from heat.
- If you are using the pot of the Foodi, pour the entire contents of the sauce over the potatoes in the pan. If you are using a saucepan, do the same.
- Coat the top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the wire rack with the pan back into the pot of the Ninja Foodi, close the lid that is attached to the Foodi and broil for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let this cool for about 10 minutes so that it's thickened.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 450Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 320mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g