Enjoy the flavor of fall with this Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake!
I’m one of those that LOVES pumpkin and especially this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake. This is a great fall treat that’s perfect to share or just make for your own family, it’s up to you.
It’s actually a great recipe for Thanksgiving dessert too. A good one to keep in mind, plus it feeds a crowd.
How do you make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake?
I love recipes such as this cake that can easily be made with pantry ingredients and it’s even easier to make it gluten-free with one swap, gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I personally use Better Batter; however, any gluten-free all-purpose flour that is a 1:1 flour will work. Plus, if gluten-free isn’t a need for you, just use regular all-purpose flour.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake:
Next up, you will want to use Pumpkin Pie Spice for this recipe too, be sure to check out this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice or use store-bought spice.
One thing to note is that when you shop for pumpkin puree, you want to be sure to get the canned pumpkin, NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling…it’s 2 different types of pumpkin. You’ll be adding the spices into this, so there is no need for the pumpkin pie filling.
This pumpkin pie cake will be topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and it complements the pumpkin so well, it’s just the best of fall all in one delicious cake.
This cake will be made in a traditional 13×9 baking dish, it’s best to prepare it first with baking spray. I’ve also found it works well to lightly dust it with flour too, that’s a good baking trick.
As far as toppings go, this cake can be topped with walnuts or simply a little extra dash of pumpkin pie spice.
It’s the perfect fall dessert, enjoy this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake.
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Large Eggs Room Temp, Beaten
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 15 oz Canned Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1/2 Cup 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 4-5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract Clear if you prefer very white icing
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Coat a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and dust lightly with regular or gluten-free flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- Add the sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove and place on a wire rack to fully cool.
To make the Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar mixing well after each cup until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Frost the cake once it's completely cooled.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.