As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Enjoy the flavor of fall with this Easy Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake!
I’m one of those that LOVES pumpkin and especially this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake. This is a great fall treat that’s perfect to share or just make for your own family, it’s up to you.
It’s actually a great recipe for Thanksgiving dessert too. A good one to keep in mind, plus it feeds a crowd.
How do you make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake?
I love recipes such as this cake that can easily be made with pantry ingredients and it’s even easier to make it gluten-free with one swap, gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I personally use Better Batter; however, any gluten-free all-purpose flour that is a 1:1 flour will work. Plus, if gluten-free isn’t a need for you, just use regular all-purpose flour.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake:
Next up, you will want to use Pumpkin Pie Spice for this recipe too, be sure to check out this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice or use store-bought spice.
One thing to note is that when you shop for pumpkin puree, you want to be sure to get the canned pumpkin, NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling…it’s 2 different types of pumpkin. You’ll be adding the spices into this, so there is no need for the pumpkin pie filling.
This pumpkin pie cake will be topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and it complements the pumpkin so well, it’s just the best of fall all in one delicious cake.
This cake will be made in a traditional 13×9 baking dish, it’s best to prepare it first with baking spray. I’ve also found it works well to lightly dust it with flour too, that’s a good baking trick.
As far as toppings go, this cake can be topped with walnuts or simply a little extra dash of pumpkin pie spice.
It’s the perfect fall dessert, enjoy this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cake.
- 2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Large Eggs, Room Temp, Beaten
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 15oz Canned Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 4-5 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract (Clear if you prefer very white icing)
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Coat a 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and dust lightly with regular or gluten-free flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- Add the sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Evenly spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350*F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Carefully remove and place on a wire rack to fully cool.
To make the Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add in the powdered sugar mixing well after each cup until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Frost the cake once it's completely cooled.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to serve.
The Canned Pumpkin should be Pumpkin Puree, NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling.
The powdered sugar will vary depending on consistency. Clear Vanilla will keep the icing super white.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1188Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 497mgCarbohydrates: 237gFiber: 2gSugar: 215gProtein: 6g