Make this delicious dessert for fall, Crockpot Apple Cobbler. It can be made gluten-free too!
Fall is coming, are you ready? I’ll say I do feel like I’m still stuck in March on the longest spring break EVER…but Fall surely is coming. That means that fall desserts and crockpot recipes will soon be on our regular menu.
Even if you are doing remote school or in-person school…it’s about to get very busy for most of us, so coming home to an Apple Cobbler sounds pretty fantastic!
What do you need to make Crockpot Apple Cobbler?
- Apple Pie Filling
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Light Brown Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Paper Towel
This can also be made gluten-free simply by using a gluten-free yellow cake mix. It’s a very easy swap.
Why do you use a paper towel for Crockpot Apple Cobbler?
When you are ready to cook this recipe, simply place a paper towel under the lid of the crockpot, just pull it tight to make sure it’s nice and secure. Then, the glass lid goes right on top.
What does this do?
This is a great crockpot hack that prevents condensation from dripping back on the food. It helps your cobbler to stay nice and crisp and not soggy.
Can you make Crockpot Apple Cobbler as Ninja Foodi Apple Cobbler?
This recipe for Crockpot Apple Cobbler can also be adapted to your Ninja Foodi using the “slow cooker” function as well. I cooked it on high for 4 hours with the Ninja Foodi.
When I made it in the Ninja Foodi, I did have to bake for a few minutes, in the end, to get the top browned.
If you enjoy this though, be sure to check out this Ninja Foodi Apple Crisp.
Can you make this Crockpot Cobbler with different flavors?
Absolutely! Crockpot Cobbler can be made with basically any flavor that you prefer using the pie filling of your choice. One of my favorites is Caramel Apple Pie Filling.
It can be made with peach, cherry, lemon, whichever you want to do!
What topping should you use for this recipe?
This recipe is best served with a side of whipped topping or vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Now it’s time to eat up!
Crockpot Apple Cobbler
- 2 Cans 20oz Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Box Gluten-Free or Regular Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Melted
- Spray the crockpot or slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or use a liner.
- Add the apple pie filling on the bottom of the pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cake mix mixture on top of the apple pie filling.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and drizzle over the cake mix evenly.
- Place a paper towel on top of the crockpot or slow cooker and add the lid. The paper towel needs to be pulled tight, then the lid on top to make it nice and tight.
- Set to high for 3 hours.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce.