Make a simple staple with these Chocolate Chip Pancakes, easy to make gluten-free too!
This pancake recipe features a basic, staple pancake recipe that uses pantry ingredients and then it adds in one simple ingredient, chocolate chips. That means that if you prefer something else to be added like blueberries or strawberries, you can simply swap those out for the chocolate chips.
…but why would you want to do that? We love a good serving of Chocolate Chip Pancakes occasionally around here and especially as a fun breakfast for dinner option.
We’ve been making these for years, but I thought I’d take a minute since we are all home right now and update the recipe using some of our pantry staples.
I know most of us have been cooking more than we’ve probably EVER cooked before, and it’s a great easy way to add a meal idea to your week with ‘breakfast for dinner’. That happens to be a kid-favorite at our home.
How do you make Chocolate Chip Pancakes gluten-free?
These are easy to make gluten-free with a simple swap of flour. I use Better Batter All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour to make these pancakes gluten-free, it’s a 1:1 switch.
Outside of that, the rest of the ingredients should be naturally gluten-free but as always you want to be sure and check all the brands and ingredients you use.
How do you make Chocolate Chip Pancakes?
These pancakes are made with a base pancake recipe, that simply uses pantry ingredients. Once the base recipe is made, then you fold in the chocolate chips.
At that point, if you prefer some other topping, you can do blueberries, strawberries, bananas, or other items outside of chocolate chips.
How should you cook pancakes?
Something without high sides so you can easily flip the pancakes is best.
Now that you have what you need let’s make some easy Chocolate Chip Pancakes!
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 Cups Regular Milk Nonfat, Whole, or Lowfat Cow's Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients in order.
- Then whisk in the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Now, spray the griddle or skillet with baking spray and warm to medium heat.
- Let it cook on one side until the batter begins to bubble, then flip over and cook until done. This typically just takes 2-3 minutes.
- These make approximately 12 pancakes.