As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Get ready for this easy Ninja Foodi Salmon that can also be made in an Instant Pot too!
This Ninja Foodi Salmon is an easy meal that’s ready in just about 10 minutes using your Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot. This particular recipe will use the pressure cooker function.
Salmon is a wonderful meal that’s not only easy to make but it looks like it would be a little more in-depth, but it’s not! If you are at home right now and want to try something new, I highly suggest this Ninja Foodi Salmon.
There are few things you’ll want to use for the salmon that includes the wire rack or trivet that came with the Ninja Foodi and also the pressure cooker lid. Those two items will be necessary for this recipe.
The flavors of dill and lemon are a wonderful addition to this salmon and really flavor it well.
How do you know when salmon is finished?
Salmon is going to shift in colors, which is the main way to notice that it’s done. It’ll start out as red or raw, think the inside of the fish, and it will turn into a pink color.
It’s also going to be easy to flake with a fork too when you touch it, the meat should just be tender enough to break right off onto your fork.
Do you need to flip the salmon?
Thankfully the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot will easily cook this without having to flip the salmon. It will cook on both sides and will be evenly cooked when the pressure is built up and released.
What flavors go best with salmon?
Subtle flavors like garlic and rosemary are perfect for salmon. Other flavors such as lemon and dill are also perfect for salmon.
This particular recipe features lemon and dill, it can also be made with rosemary though. I like to think of subtle common herbs and seasonings that you would have in your pantry or in an herb garden.
Can you use frozen salmon to make Ninja Foodi Salmon?
Frozen salmon will work for this recipe; however, you do need to add an additional minute to the cook time.
Are you ready for this delicious meal? I have salmon in the freezer that I can’t wait to make again with this Ninja Foodi Salmon!
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 1 Cup Water
- Juice from 1 lemon, about ½ Cup
- Lemon slices
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Dill (or Rosemary)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour water and lemon juice into the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot.
- Add lemon slices and dill.
- Add the wire rack/trivet into the pot at the lowest setting.
- Add the fillets to the rack/trivet, cut to fit if needed.
- Add the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Secure the pressure cooker lid that comes with the Ninja Foodi.
- Make sure the valve is set to 'seal', use the manual settings and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes. Add an additional minute if the fillet is frozen.
- Once done, release the valve to vent (quick release) and then open the lid.
- Serve the salmon immediately or store in fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 25g