Make these delicious Blueberry Crumble Muffins, easy to make gluten-free!
Are you ready for a treat? These Gluten Free Blueberry Crumble Muffins are the absolute best muffin to start your morning with.
If you are interested in the Air Fryer version check out these Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins.
I adapted this recipe many years ago and have since been making it gluten-free. It’s wonderful paired with a cup of coffee in the morning.
How do you make these gluten-free?
The only swap need to make these gluten-free is gluten-free all-purpose flour.
I use Better Batter; however, King Arthur and Cup 4 Cup are also excellent choices.
The flour needs to be an even 1:1 swap to work correctly in this recipe. This is the only swap needed; however, as always be sure to check all ingredients.
Tips for Making Blueberry Crumble Muffins:
In order to avoid having the berries bust during mixing, it’s best to carefully fold them into the batter.
These berries can be fresh or frozen, they will work the same either way.
Once you have the muffin tins filled with the batter, then you can sprinkle the crumble mixture over them.
The muffin tins can be lined if you prefer, or you can simply spray them with non-stick baking spray and carefully remove the muffins once they have fully cooled.
These muffins can be filled to the top of the muffin tins or liners. These have always made at least 10 for us; however, it will depend on how much batter you fill the tins or liners with.
If you want to make them more streusel-like, add some dashes of cinnamon to them too.
These Gluten Free Blueberry Crumble Muffins are best served warm, so even if you are eating one a day or so later, warm it up for a few minutes in the microwave before serving.
Blueberry Crumble Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Cupcake Liners/Wrappers
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter Cubed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 400*.
- Next in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and combine.
- Then, continue with the oil, egg, and milk and mix well. Lastly fold in the blueberries.
- Once done, fill cupcake liners that have been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, up to the top.
- Next, combine all of the crumb ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb ingredients evenly over each muffin.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400*F or until the crumb topping has browned.
- This made 10 regular sized muffins; however, it will vary depending on the size.