These Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins are made easily with gluten-free all-purpose flour!
If you loved these Gluten-Free Blueberry Scones, then you will enjoy these Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins just as much!
Remember these can be made with regular flour as well if you are not gluten-free, they are totally interchangeable.
How do you make these gluten-free?
These blueberry muffins can be made gluten-free with one simple swap of flour. For these to be gluten-free, use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter.
If you do not have Better Batter, you can also use your favorite 1:1 flour, I prefer Better Batter and have used it for years, so that’s my go-to for this recipe.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins:
First, be sure to use a 1:1 all-purpose flour, this will give the best texture and taste for these muffins and is what they are made with.
These can be made with a variety of variations and I will be showing you many over the next few weeks.
When making these muffins be sure to fold in the blueberries, do not mix them in or you will alter the color of the batter and mash them up. To keep the blueberries somewhat whole, folding them in is the best method.
The blueberries can either be fresh or frozen, if frozen just let them defrost for about 5 minutes or so if you prefer or you can fold them right in frozen too. They will warm up in the oven while baking.
How long do these last after baking?
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week after baking. They can be stored at room temperature, no need to refrigerate.
If you want to freeze these, you can wrap them in foil and then place them in a freezer-safe storage bag. When ready to eat, just let them defrost at room temperature or remove from foil and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
It’s time to enjoy these delicious blueberry muffins!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil Vegetable or Canola
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Blueberries Fresh or Frozen
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Place liner in the muffin tins.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Reserve about 1-2 Tbsp of the dry mixture.
- Add the oil to a glass measuring cup, then carefully beat the egg into the oil.
- Add the milk to the measuring cup, beating well until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine, but do not over mix.
- Carefully add the berries to a bowl and sprinkle with the reserved dry mixture.
- Gently fold the berries into the batter.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins, fill about 2/3 full. Remember batter will be thick – see note.
- Bake at 400*F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temp.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.