Get ready to enjoy these delicious Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
I hope you have enjoyed this series of muffins these past few weeks, be sure to go back and check out these Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins and Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins.
The focus today is going to be on these amazing Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins. We all know fall is coming, that means lots of delicious apples.
How do you make these gluten-free?
These apple cinnamon muffins can be made gluten-free with one simple swap of flour. For these to be gluten-free, use a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour such as Better Batter.
If you do not have Better Batter, you can also use your favorite 1:1 flour, I prefer Better Batter and have used it for years, so that’s my go-to for this recipe.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins:
First, be sure to use a 1:1 all-purpose flour, this will give the best texture and taste for these muffins and is what they are made with.
It’s also best to make these with Granny Smith apples. They give a good mixture of sweet and sour which helps in the muffins because some of that tangy taste will be baked out during the cooking process.
The apple needs to be grated into small slivers to go into the muffins. It can be peeled as well but that’s up to you and your preference. There will be enough out of one apple to make this recipe.
Remember to stir or fold in the apple so that it is not overmixed into the muffins.
How long can you store the Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
These can be stored in an airtight container for up to a week after baking them.
If you want to freeze these, you can wrap them in foil and then place them in a freezer-safe storage bag. When ready to eat, just let them defrost at room temperature or remove from foil and heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Enjoy this tasty treat!
Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil Vegetable or Canola
- 1 Egg Lightly Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp Grated Apple Granny Smith
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Place liners in the muffin tins.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Pour oil into a glass measuring cup.
- Beat egg and add into the oil.
- Whisk the milk into the oil and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir well to combine, but do not overmix.
- Stir in the apples and cinnamon.
- Divide the batter into the muffin tins about 2/3 full. (Batter will be thicker batter – see note.)
- Bake at 400*F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!