Pumpkin Crumble Muffins are perfect with a nice, warm cup of coffee, plus easy to make Gluten-Free!
As the leaves change and a chill fills the air, there’s nothing quite like the comforting aroma of freshly baked pumpkin treats to welcome the fall pumpkin season.
These gluten-free pumpkin crumble muffins are a delightful combination of rich, moist pumpkin muffins and a buttery, cinnamon-spiced crumble topping.
They are very similar to a gluten free pumpkin streusel muffin, due to the topping.
If you enjoy these, you will also love Gluten-Free Blueberry Crumble Muffins.
What flour should you use for gluten-free muffins?
These muffins can be made with a different type of flour, gluten-free all purpose flour. This flour needs to be a 1:1 ratio to make it an even swap with regular all purpose flour.
That makes this a very easy recipe to swap and make gluten-free.
Xanthan Gum will already be in your flour blend, which makes this very easy to swap with traditional gluten-filled flour.
Can you use pumpkin pie filling?
This recipe uses real pumpkin. It can be canned pureed pumpkin but it is not pumpkin pie filling.
Pumpkin Pie Filling will have fall spices added to the filling. If you were to use this, then you would need to omit the additional spices from the recipe to get the right amount of flavor in the muffins.
It is best to stick with canned pumpkin puree to make these bakery style muffins.
Tips for making the crumb topping or streusel topping:
The crumb topping will be a combination of white sugar, small pieces of butter, flour, and ground cinnamon. This topping can be combined in a small bowl.
It’s easy to work this crumble topping with your hands, this will get you the best result that leaves you with small crumbs to add to the muffin batter once they are in the muffin pan.
The tender crumb mixture will then be added to the top of the muffins.
Remember do not use melted butter, cold or room temperature will work the best.
Why should you make the perfect pumpkin muffin?
- Gluten-Free: These muffins are a very easy recipe to add to your list of gluten-free recipes, because the only swap needed is gluten-free all-purpose flour which is now carried at almost all grocery stores.
- Rich Pumpkin Flavor: Just in time for fall when everyone craves that delicious fall flavor these gluten free pumpkin muffins are packed with just the right amount pumpkin spice and fall flavor.
- Versatile: These moist gluten-free pumpkin muffins can be served as breakfast or a snack. They can even be made for dessert with chocolate chips added in to make gluten free pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.
What do you need to make the best gluten-free pumpkin muffins?
- Gluten-Free Flour Blend (All-Purpose Flour)
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Vegetable Oil
- Large Egg
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree
- Unsalted Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Muffin Liners
How do you make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crumble Muffins?
These muffins will be made by sifting together the dry ingredients and then carefully adding in the wet ingredients until a nice batter is formed.
This batter can be made in a stand mixer or by hand using a large mixing bowl and wooden spoon or Danish dough whisk.
How do you store these muffins?
These muffins will need to be stored in an airtight container. They will last for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
If you want to freeze the muffins, individually wrap them in plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer bag. This can be a Ziploc Freezer Storage bag.
Let the muffins warm to room temperature or remove the plastic wrap and heat up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Pair the best muffins with a delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte for your morning breakfast before starting your day!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crumble Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- Cupcake Liners/Wrappers
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter Cubed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Continue mixing in the vanilla, oil, egg, milk, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin puree until the batter is formed.
- Once done, fill cupcake liners that have been sprayed with non stick cooking spray, up to the top.
- Combine all of the crumb ingredients in a bowl and mix them together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb ingredients evenly over each muffin.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned.