Are you braving the heat yet this summer?
It’s been over 100+ degrees all week here with heat indexes into the 110’s! What’s a pregnant lady to do? Well aside from packing myself up with ice packs, I’ve been drinking all kinds of iced drinks!
One of my favorites has been trying out a Cherry Float. My husband is a Pepsi man, and he is always telling me about the latest products and the flavors he has tried. He mentioned the other day that they have Wild Cherry Pepsi then Cherry Float popped into my head! I just knew I had to have one.
Oh and for all those ‘non’ Pepsi people, I won’t hold it against you but yes there is another brand you could buy with cherry.
As I browsed the grocery store, I ended up finding these delicious cherries! As soon as I spotted the cherries, I spotted Vanilla Ice Cream on sale. It was meant to be!
It is time to relax, prop your feet up, and enjoy a Cherry Float!
Enjoy this delicious treat!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 2 Liter Wild Cherry Pepsi
- 1 Gallon Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1/2 Pint Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- To create the floats, start by swirling chocolate inside the glass. Next, add in a few scoops of ice cream, then pour the Pepsi over it filling up the glass. Top it with homemade whipped cream, cherry, and a little more chocolate syrup.
- To make the homemade whipped cream, add the whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla then whisk on high for several minutes until the whipped cream forms.