Make the morning purely delicious with Strawberry Crumble Muffins.
It’s such a great time to buy strawberries, and that just means my kitchen is constantly full of them! We found out last year that my daughter is allergic to them after she ate them by the handful.
Now, we have to watch out that she does not get into them. Thankfully, it is not life threatening, simply a pesky allergy that I do hope she grows out.
In the meantime though, I decided to surprise my husband and son with delicious Strawberry Crumble Muffins. I make these with blueberries a lot for my daughter, but I knew they were craving some with strawberries.
Since they are in season and so affordable, I thought these would be great to make for breakfast or back to school lunches. My son loves muffins in his lunch, and my daughter does too.
I know I’ll be adding both blueberry and strawberry to their lunches soon.
They seem to disappear before my very eyes especially as my son gets older; he is starting to be able to eat me out of the house!
These Strawberry Crumble Muffins paired with a delicious glass of milk make a great afterschool snack idea too. Of course, if your kids are all off to school and it’s just Mom at home…then they are a good mommy snack too!
The serving size does vary a bit and really depends more on how full you fill the muffin tins. If you stick to about ½ to ¾ full, then you add your topping, you should get about 12 muffins out of them. They are so good though, I would recommend doubling the recipe!
Are you ready for a bite? Time to eat up!
Strawberry Crumble Muffins
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter Cubed
- 1 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 400°.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add in flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder; and combine. Then continue with the oil, egg, and milk; and mix well. Lastly, mix in the strawberries.
- Once done, fill cupcake liners that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, up to the top, or simply place in a sprayed cupcake pan.
- Next, combine all of the crumb ingredients in a bowl, and mix them together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumb ingredients evenly over each muffin.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned.