Get ready for an easy meal with this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan, it’s easy to make gluten-free too!
Finding some easy, go-to slow cooker meals for dinner is a vital way to stay ahead of dinner time! Do you ever feel in a rut? I sure do and using the slow cooker in those cases is a great option.
First, find a great slow cooker such as this Crockpot, you can actually find some good value Crockpots or Slow Cookers and you will be all set!
Next, it’s time to make a great list of slow cooker meals that you can use throughout the week or add to your meal plan.
Slow Cooker Recipes
Make a great list of Slow Cooker Recipes or Crockpot Recipes, these will help you get on your way with some easy meals.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan:
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan may be one of the easiest recipes to make, it doesn’t always come out perfectly beautiful though because the chicken is so tender it shreds when you pull it out of the slow cooker; however, it is extremely tasty!
One thing to note is that you can use either boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast. Personally, I feel like chicken breast dries out rather quickly in the slow cooker, so I typically will choose chicken thighs.
Before the chicken goes into the slow cooker, you will go ahead and bread it with breadcrumbs and a cheese mixture.
Then, the chicken will be topped with your favorite marinara sauce. I use Prego Meat Sauce to top over the chicken, but you can use any variety that you prefer.
Once the cooking time is up and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165*F, you can add sliced mozzarella right on top and let it just melt onto the chicken.
Once that’s done simply serve with a salad or over your favorite pasta.
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan is a fabulous meal to set it and forget it…then eat up!
Remember to check out the Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan too!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs or Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce 24-26oz
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- Begin by preparing the chicken.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices.
- In another small bowl beat the eggs.
- Next dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then coat with the breading. Place the chicken into a greased 5+ quart slow cooker.
- Continue doing this with all the chicken.
- Next pour the pasta sauce over the chicken. I reserve about half a cup of sauce to use when serving.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165*F.
- Evenly add slices of Mozzarella Cheese over the chicken and continue cooking for about 5-10 minutes to get it to melt.
- Serve topped over your favorite pasta with additional cheese and pasta sauce.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
PERFECT! Doing this tomorrow!
Chat 2 Friend says
Excellent tips & method about recipes, you have a wide range of indian recipes list available, helpful site – thanks