As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
I may have found a new favorite slow cooker recipe with this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan. It was so incredibly easy to make and tasted like it took hours!
What I love the most is how tender the chicken is using the slow cooker. There is no need to use a knife as it just comes right apart, plus it smells incredible!
This can be served over a bed of your favorite pasta or without pasta and a nice batch of veggies!
Enjoy this easy slow cooker meal!
Need more recipe ideas? Check out the Recipe Index by Mommy Hates Cooking.
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Jar Pasta Sauce, 24-26oz
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: Pasta or Gluten Free Pasta
- Begin by preparing the chicken.
- In a small bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices. In another small bowl beat the eggs.
- Next dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then coat with the breading. Place the chicken into a greased 5 quart slow cooker.
- Continue doing this with all the chicken.
- Next pour the pasta sauce over the chicken. I reserve about half a cup of sauce to use when serving.
- Then, sprinkle about 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese over the pasta sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve topped over your favorite pasta with additional cheese and pasta sauce.