As I mentioned a few weeks back I was ask to test some of the new products from Sister Schubert’s. One of the products is their new Pretzel Rolls. I can’t even describe how good these are only to say that my counting calories went out the window that day! I could eat the entire bag of these rolls just plain or dipped in cheese; however, then I topped it with this Italian Breaded Chicken and it just got even better!
This dish is still relatively low in calories and healthy, obviously just stay away from eating the whole bag like I could do!
The taste of the pretzel roll is much like you would imagine it’s hard on the outside and soft in the middle with a hint of salt. This is the first time that I have ever eaten pretzel rolls as opposed to soft pretzels. I was blown away with how good these are and plan to make more recipes using them in the future. I also love that I could just eat them with a side of cheese as a snack.
Let’s get on to this delicious recipe!
Sister Schubert’s Pretzel Rolls
- 1 Bag Sister Schubert's Pretzel Rolls
- 2 Medium Size Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Stewed Tomatoes
- Laughing Cow Basil Flavored Cheese
- Being by preheating the oven to 350*.
- Next, flatten the chicken to make it about 1/4 inch-1/2 inch in width then cut it into slider size pieces. I cut mine into 6 pieces to use for the 6 rolls that are in the package.
- Next, place the bread crumbs, flour, and olive oil in individual bowls. I started by dipping each piece in the olive oil, then the flour and last the bread crumbs. Once the chicken is well coated, place it on a greased wire rack. Lastly, sprinkle the italian seasoning over each piece of chicken.
- Let this bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Bake the pretzel rolls according to the package instructions.
- To serve, I topped the pretzel roll with the Italian Chicken, Stewed Tomatoes, and parsley. Then, spread on the cheese.
- This was the perfect dinner!
This post has been linked up to Eat at Home!
Disclosure: I was one of eight bloggers selected by Sister Schubert’s Homemade Rolls to review their products. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program as well as my writing about my experience. I have also been provided products for review. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.