As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
As we head into spring, this recipe is packed with fresh produce and delicious protein, Roasted Sweet Potato & Salmon Quinoa Bowls are a great go-to for lunch or dinner. I’m sharing this recipe in partnership with Pompeian Oils, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Have you picked up on the latest trends in the kitchen? Quinoa Bowls and Buddha Bowls are currently trending in the kitchen and honestly, this a trend I will gladly jump onto. I absolutely LOVE salad bowls such as these, they are not only beautiful but also good for you. This past week, I decided to whip up a Roasted Sweet Potato & Salmon Quinoa Bowl for my husband and I. It was definitely a hit, plus it was packed with good nutrients too.
Now, the key to any bowl is a great dressing to coat that protein packed bowl with, in our case, I decided to make my own Red Wine Vinaigrette using Organic Red Wine Vinegar with the mother from Pompeian Oils. This vinegar is made with harvested grapes from Italy and is a high quality organic vinegar. It also pairs beautifully with the Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I combined both of these along with a bit of Dijon mustard and garlic to make a delicious vinaigrette. It was light with a fruity aftertaste that comes from the olive oil. I also opted to roast the sweet potatoes in the Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil as well. Then, if you mix a little bit with garlic salt it adds a great glaze to the salmon too.
Now, the great thing about these types of bowls, is you can use your garden fresh produce or what you have on hand. I decided to start the bowl with a nice bed of spinach leaves, then I topped it with sliced avocado, roasted sweet potatoes, tomato, quinoa and then a lightly sauteed salmon. The combination was a garden fresh delight, plus it is so good for you too. My husband is fairly picky about his foods, he’s a country boy that likes his comfort food and he was pleasantly surprised when this graced the table. He ended up taking more for lunch the next day too. Now, I’m anxious to make more of these bowls with our produce from our garden too.
Pompeian understands that mealtime is about experimenting with the latest food trends and creating shareable meals that are Instagram-worthy dishes! Right now, you can follow along on Instagram at #TrendingintheKitchen for the latest creations and recipe ideas that will help you explore new flavors and ingredients. Plus, you will find even more varieties of these bowls to try too. Trust me, once you try one, you will suddenly be part of the trend too!
Share them with us, plus visit Pompeian Oils to learn more.
- 4 4-6 oz Salmon Fillets, with Olive Oil & Garlic Salt
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Cubed
- 2 Avocados, Sliced
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, Halved
- 4 Cups Spinach Leaves
- 2 Cups Quinoa, Cooked
- 1/2 Cup Organic Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Lightly season the salmon fillets with a glaze of olive oil and garlic salt.
- Heat up a medium sized skillet to medium-high heat and coat with cooking spray, cook salmon on both sides until easily flakes with a fork.
- While the salmon is cooking, preheat the oven to 400*.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet and coat with a bit of olive oil and garlic salt.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until soft in the oven.
- While this is cooking, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, and garlic in a small jar, whisk well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once this is done, build the bowl.
- Add a bed of spinach on the bottom.
- Add the remaining ingredients evenly to each bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing. (Note - You will need to mix it up or shake it to combine each time you use it.)