As we head into this upcoming month a big celebration is ahead for Cinco de Mayo! Do you celebrate this fabulous holiday? We almost always have a taco bar! My kids LOVE Tacos and it’s a regular occurrence on our menu plan. We have a variety of them too from sloppy joe tacos to chicken fajitas and those good ole’ beef tacos, I make them all. I typically have at least one day a week that we have a taco night. It’s the kids favorite and honestly it’s mine too.
When we have taco night, it means no complaining about dinner, they love their tacos and I pair them with black beans and rice to go with it. It’s dinner perfection. I’ve also grown fond of a few products from Old El Paso, their Stand N Stuff Taco Shells and their Taco Boats. I absolutely love the Stand N Stuff, with these you don’t have to worry about the shell breaking when you put the filling in, they are already wide enough to fill them up. My husband and daughter love the Taco Boats because they can eat while they do other things too, my husband can even take them on the road with him too and easily eat one without making a mess. That’s a huge win right there!
I already have our taco bar planned out for Cinco de Mayo, our kids talk about it at school too so I think it’s a great way to bring that experience home with our own little fiesta. I like to put all the toppings out on the table for them to choose from, then they can build their own tacos or taco boats. This particular time, I opted to do chicken fajita meat; however, you can also do traditional ground beef as well. What is your favorite?
We are off to enjoy our tacos and get ready for our taco bar. Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? What’s your favorite food to enjoy on this holiday?
Now, head on over to Walmart to pick up your shells!
Chicken Fajita Tacos
- 1 Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1 Package Fajita Taco Seasoning
- Old El Paso Stand N Stuff and Taco Boats
- Toppings - Cheese Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato, Black Olives, Beans, Cilantro
- Season the chicken as instructed on the package and cook in a medium-sized skillet for 5-6 minutes on each side until well done and internal temperature reaches 165*.
- Slice or cube the chicken to fit in the shells.
- Build the taco with your favorite toppings.