As you start focus more on your own wellness, these 5 Tips for Starting a Workout Routine truly helped me on my journey. I’m sharing these in partnership with Premier Protein®; however, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I shared with you back in January that I was starting on my own wellness journey to really get my own health back in check. A big part of that routine was being mindful of the nutrients that I was getting during the day. I immediately realized I was lacking in protein and had WAY too many carbs. So, I decided to follow the American Heart Association Guidelines on those nutrients and then start tracking. One way that I was immediately able to get more protein was with the Premier Protein Shakes, now though they are introducing a new line that is called, Premier Protein Clear. These drinks contain 20g of protein, 90 calories, and 0g of sugar. Plus, they use NO artificial sweeteners. So if you are like me and really need a boost of protein and are just very tired of water 24/7, this is the perfect alternative.
Right now they are available in the Tropical Punch flavor at Sam’s Club, plus online you get FREE shipping from 4/17-5/17. That means it’s time to order those because let’s face it, I love FREE shipping!
Right now, this drink has become my go-to for that carpool line in the afternoons. I’m always dragging it seems by the time I need to go pick up my kids, so with this drink I get a boost of protein and energy too. I’m fully charged and ready to tackle homework and dinner time.
There are a few tips though I’ve learned along the way in this wellness journey. I thought I’d also show a before and after picture of where I was to where I am now. It’s definitely a slow journey, but I want to do it the right way and not a crash diet, because I don’t want to be on this journey next year I want it to be my lifestyle. I’ve lost about 25 pounds since the end of December and am about 4 dress sizes down as well. I have about 15 more pounds to go to hit my goal; however, I’m very happy with the progress so far and adding more protein has been essential to my progress.
5 Tips for Starting a Workout Routine
- Create a Maintainable Plan – This was essential for me. I did not want to do a low carb, high fat diet, I wanted to do something maintainable, I also wanted my workout to be maintainable. I didn’t want to start on a high note and then crash and burn. Be sure you change your diet and add in a workout plan that fits your lifestyle and would fit it for life not just for a few weeks!
- Lots of Protein – The big key for me was looking at my nutrients each day, protein is a must in your diet and adding in drinks such as Premier Protein is a great low-calorie and delicious way to boost the daily intake.
- Choose the Right Shoes – This is a funny one, right? It’s so necessary though. I realized early on that shoes make a big difference in how you will feel after a workout too. You need a good support so you don’t end up using weak knees as a reason not to stay on top of your workout.
- Track Your Food & Exercise – Use an app or a journal to track everything you eat and how much you workout too. You will be amazed at how much you may be putting into your mouth each day that you didn’t realize or you may also learn the opposite that you aren’t eating enough good foods! This was the most eye opening experience for me.
- Track Your Steps – If you have a desk job like I do part of the time, then you may want to use a tracker to track your steps ensuring that you get in your daily step goal. It’s easy to forgot to get up and move but with a tracker that helps to keep you on point!
These are a few of the key points that have helped me on this journey and as I continue on I’m thankful for products like Premier Protein Clear that are helping me keep those nutrients into my body in a good way!
Have you remained consistent on your wellness journey? Have you tried this drink yet?