As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Red, White, & Blueberry Angel Fluff is the must-have dessert for the summer.
Angel Fluff is by far one of the top recipes on my website that is most viewed. It is one of my FAVORITES! I’ve been eating on this since I was a kid; however, I have recently been exploring new flavors with it.
On top of that, I make the angel food cake from scratch too. Trust me…it tastes better that way.
Now, if you don’t want to make it from scratch, by all means, pick up your favorite type of angel food cake and this recipe could easily be a no-bake recipe.
Some of the comments I have received on it revolve around it being too in-depth of a recipe.
I can tell you this takes mere minutes to prepare, the angel food cake is so EASY to make from scratch, you do not really even need to know your way around the kitchen to make it.
That means if you are feeling adventurous try it and impress your friends with your made from scratch dessert. Just leave out that you are using canned pie filling, they will still be impressed.
All that to say, this is not an in-depth recipe AT ALL.
Quick Tip to Make Angel Fluff Dessert
I mean, you can use store-bought angel food cake and you wouldn’t even have to turn on the oven! That’s just not in-depth…that’s EASY.
Now, saying all that, I was laying in bed one night dreaming about Red, White, and Blueberry Angel Fluff. Yes, my dreams revolve around food.
I thought this would be perfect for Memorial Day as it’s very festive; however the blueberry pie filling does appear more reddish-purple than blue, but it still works.
Are you inspired yet? I am…I need to make myself some right now because sometimes I eat this for breakfast.
Don’t judge. Just eat.
Angel Food Cake: (Note: Make TWO of these)
- 1 1/4 Cups Gluten Free or Regular All Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups White Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Egg Whites, About a Dozen Eggs
- 1 Tsp Cream of Tarter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 8 oz Packages of Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Containers Cool Whip, Whipped Topping
- 1 21 oz Can of Blueberry Pie Filling
- 1 21 oz Can of Strawberry Pie Filling
- Pecans, Optional
- Remember, you need to make TWO of the Angel Food Cakes.
- Begin by sifting the flour, sugar, and salt in a large stand mixer.
- Add in the egg whites, cream of tarter, and vanilla, mixing well.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan.
- Place the cake in a cold oven, then set to 325* and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Repeat the steps for the second cake.
- Let the cake fully cool.
- Place the powdered sugar and cream cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until smooth then add in the Cool Whip and pecans if you use those.
- Continue mixing until well combined.
- Tear the cake into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl, then coat it with the cream cheese mixture. Be sure it is well coated.
- In a large trifle dish, place half the mixture on the bottom, then top with the blueberry pie filling.
- Place the remaining mixture on top and then complete it with the strawberry pie filling.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 525Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 12g
This is going to depend on the amount you eat, this can serve a large crowd.