As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
Make the BEST Ninja Foodi Roast with this Ninja Foodi Mississippi Pot Roast that uses the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi!
I think I may have stumbled on to my FAVORITE roast recipe ever, and that says a lot because I happen to LOVE this Slow Cooker Maple Roast too…but this Mississippi Pot Roast is just a melt-in-your-mouth roast.
This Ninja Foodi Roast will use the pressure cooker function of the Ninja Foodi Multi-Cooker.
This Ninja Foodi Roast recipe uses both the saute function of the Ninja Foodi along with the pressure cooker function. This same method can be used for a variety of Ninja Foodi Roast recipes.
The Mississippi Pot Roast has been around for decades of course, but our family just discovered how delicious this roast was recently and it was one of those meals that no one complained. Isn’t that nice? I sure thought so!
How do you make Mississippi Pot Roast into Gluten-Free Mississippi Pot Roast?
This recipe was easy to make gluten-free with a swap of gravy, we decided to use Gluten-Free Gravy Packets instead of the “Au Jus” that is in many Mississippi Pot Roast recipes.
It worked out wonderfully and we were all able to enjoy it.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Mississippi Pot Roast:
The first thing we did was to coat the pot of the Ninja Foodi with olive oil to sear the roast. This is best done with a brush, pour the olive oil into the pot and brush it around to really coat the pot well.
Once done, sear the meat on both sides just for a few minutes on high heat using the saute function. Once you have that done, it’s time to add the remaining ingredients and cook up this tasty pot roast.
Do you have to use Pepperoncini Peppers?
These peppers are a key ingredient in this recipe which is what is really going to give it flavor. They are not spicy at all, similar to the ‘heat’ of bell pepper. They give more flavor than actual spice.
These are a very mild chili pepper.
Be sure to use these as they are an important part of that great flavor.
Are you ready for this tasty roast? Let’s make this Ninja Foodi Mississippi Pot Roast, it’ll soon be your all-time favorite Ninja Foodi Roast recipe!
- Olive Oil
- 3 lb Beef Chuck Roast
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Pepperoncini Juice
- 4-5 Pepperoncini Peppers
- 1 Ranch Packet Seasoning
- 1 Brown Gravy Packet or Gluten-Free Brown Gravy Packet
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- In the pot of the Ninja Foodi, add 1 Tbsp Olive Oil and use a silicone brush and brush the pot evenly with the olive oil.
- Set the function to saute on high and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add the water and the juice around the roast.
- Top it with about 4-5 peppers.
- Evenly sprinkle the ranch packet and gravy on top of the roast.
- Add the butter right on top of the roast.
- Add the pressure cooker lid and secure it to the Ninja Foodi.
- Set the nozzle to 'seal'.
- Pressure Cook on high for 60 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, let it naturally release (do nothing) for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, release additional steam and serve.
- If preferred you can add about 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to the liquid left in the pot and create a gravy to top the roast with.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 717Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 1566mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 60g