Ninja Foodi Maple Cinnamon Chicken is the perfect easy dinner recipe for fall with all the flavors of fall in one dish!
This recipe is one of those that the pictures just don’t do it justice, but it’s SO GOOD! I absolutely love making Ninja Foodi Chicken Legs and Vegetables.
This is a simple twist on that particular recipe but it adds all the flavors of fall with sweet potatoes, apples, maple, and cinnamon in one dish.
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Maple Cinnamon Chicken?
- Chicken Drumsticks or Chicken Legs
- Red Apples
- Sweet Potatoes
- Real Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
That’s all you need for this easy meal, it’s very frugal too since these ingredients are in season in the fall.
Can you make Maple Cinnamon Chicken in the oven?
If you want to make this in the oven instead, just use this recipe for Maple Cinnamon Chicken. It can all be made in one dish in the oven if you prefer as well.
Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Maple Cinnamon Chicken:
For this recipe, the apples and sweet potatoes will go on the bottom of the pot of the Ninja Foodi, then the wire rack will go on top in the highest position.
The chicken drumsticks will sit right on top.
I found that it was best to use the maple syrup to just coat the chicken with and then it all drips right on down on the vegetables so they get a nice coating of it as well. The cinnamon will go right on top of the chicken.
Once the chicken is done and reaches an internal temperature of at least 165*F, then you can remove those and check the vegetables. If they are soft enough for your liking, go ahead and remove them. If not, just stir them up and then add an additional 5 minutes of cooking time.
Now it’s time to enjoy this easy Ninja Foodi Recipe!
Ninja Foodi Maple Cinnamon Chicken
- 6 Chicken Legs Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Red Apples Sliced & Diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes Cut into Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
- Turn the Ninja Foodi on to Air Crisp for 5 minutes at 390*F while you slice the sweet potatoes and apples, to get it preheated.
- Remember the pot is going to be hot, so wear mitts and be careful.
- Spray the pot with Olive Oil Cooking Spray.
- Place the apples and sweet potatoes into the pot.
- Insert the wire rack in the highest position on top of the vegetables, you will need to scoot it a bit to get it in right.
- Place the drumsticks on the wire rack.
- Coat them evenly with the maple syrup and then evenly top with ground cinnamon.
- Close the lid to the Ninja Foodi
- Set to air crisp at 390*F for 25 minutes, it's best to rotate the chicken around the 10-12 minute mark.
- All machines do heat differently, so check the chicken at 20 minutes, the internal temperature needs to be at least 165*F.
- Once the time is up, carefully remove the chicken and check the apples and sweet potatoes, if still not done, mix them up and add an additional 5 minutes of cook time for the vegetables only.
- Once done, serve with chicken.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!