As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
A favorite around our home is this Maple Cinnamon Chicken, I’m sure it will be in yours too!
I shared this recipe several years ago, but I knew I had to share it again because it’s become such a staple in our home each week.
This is one of those meals that I go to when we have a busy week ahead, plus everyone loves it. Is it just me or has this month been just consumed with activities?
We aren’t even in that many activities and yet still we are constantly busy. Thankfully, meals like this help keep my sanity and keep us out of the drive thru at least some of the time!
There are some recipes that I just immediately fall in love with, this was one of them! During these cold winter months, I just love to do one-dish style dinners especially the ones that make my house smell wonderful.
This dish is a mix of apples, sweet potatoes, chicken drumsticks, then some delicious real maple syrup and cinnamon.
I simply prepped the dish and popped it in the oven and let it bake for about an hour. It’s a good thing to note, be sure to check it about halfway through the cooking time and mix it up a bit so that the veggies do not dry out.
I found there was plenty of juice in mine, but it just needed to be mixed.
As my daughter gets full force into the two year old age, I find myself leaning more and more on these one-dish dinners. I rarely get much time in the kitchen at dinner time, so it’s just necessary.
What do you need for Maple Cinnamon Chicken?
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Sweet Potatoes
- Maple Syrup
- Broth or Water
Ready for dinner? Time to eat!
Enjoy this great dish! Plus, let me know what are some of your go-to meals on busy nights?
Maple Cinnamon Chicken
- 1 Lb Chicken Drumsticks, 5-6 Drumsticks
- 2 Red Apples, Sliced and Diced
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, Cut into Chunks
- 1/2 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth or Water, Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, then place the drumsticks in the pan.
- Add the apples and sweet potatoes around the drumsticks.
- Evenly pour the maple syrup over the chicken and evenly sprinkle cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, carefully remove and mix up the apples and sweet potatoes if needed to avoid drying also add in the chicken broth or water if needed, then bake an additional 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches at least 165*.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 667 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 318mg Sodium: 389mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 38g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 62g