As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This recipe was inspired by Maple Rosemary Chicken on $5 Dollar Dinner’s. This recipe sounded delicious, so I knew I had to try it. I love chicken and rice, which made it very appealing to me.
I did adapt it a bit, as I wanted to only use the oven. I also love my rice creamy, so I thought I would turn it into a bake.
Note: If it appears to still have a lot of liquid after 45 minutes, take the dish out of the oven and stir up the rice mixture. Then, put it back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- 3 Boneless Chicken Breast, Thawed
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp of Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup of Rice
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Cups of Water
- 1 Bag of Frozen Asparagus
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, rosemary, and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish, pour rice and water in to cover the bottom of the dish. Then, mix the cream of chicken in with the rice and water. Place chicken breast on top of the rice mixture, then pour the maple syrup mixture over the chicken.
- In a separate baking pan, spray with non stick cooking spray. Place asparagus in the dish pouring the olive oil and garlic salt over the asparagus.
- Bake both dishes in the oven for 45 minutes or until fully cooked. I typically will cook the chicken dish until the liquid has cooked nearly out of the rice.
- This was an amazing twist to the typical chicken and rice that I normally fix. The maple syrup mixture gave the rice a fabulous flavor. I think we all devoured this dish!