Feeding those dogs in your life is extremely important, which is why I want to share with you how to choose the right dog food.
This post is sponsored by © Nature’s Recipe, LLC., all opinions are my own.
Most of us have a dog in our life that is part of the family, right? Typically, when you bring a pup into the family, they become another family member. That’s how we feel about our dog, which is why it’s so important to be sure they are getting the nutrients they need each day too.
I’ll admit that I have learned a lot over the years about dogs, especially in regards to dog food. When we first brought our dog, May, into our lives, we were buying the most expensive dog food. It was really a challenge for us because around that time, we had our son.
He had serious issues with food intolerance, which meant that we had to put him on the highest formula that you could find. Considering we were just starting out, we could not financially do it all.
Thankfully, we were able to find a wonderful dog food that was perfect for our dog, and was also at a reasonable price point with Nature’s Recipe®. An advantage these days is that unlike decades ago, it’s easy to find a premium dog food at your local Walmart.
I even order it on my pickup order, which means I never even have to go into the store to get it! That’s another thing that was unheard of 10 years ago. I have to say my sanity is so thankful for Walmart Pickup.
When we brought our dog, Callie, home last year, we already knew that we needed to use a great dog food for her. Our dog, May, had a plethora of skin issues as a puppy. We found out quickly that the dog food actually plays a role in that. Did you know that?
What can you expect in Nature’s Recipe Dog Food?
- Nature’s Recipe is a premium dog food that is made with real lam, chicken, or salmon as the #1 ingredient.
- It’s grain free and easy-to-digest, perfect for all ages.
- It provides the nutrition that your dog will need over their life from puppy to senior.
- The carbohydrates are nutrient-dense with sweet potato and pumpkin.
- There is no corn, wheat, soy poultry by-product or artificial flavors.
- There are also no preservatives.
- The perfect dog food with added vitamins, nutrients, and minerals.
There are so many things to look for when choosing a dog food. How do you know if you are choosing the right one? Here are some things to consider for How to Choose the Right Dog Food.
How to Choose the Right Dog Food?
These are items that you need to consider when choosing the right dog food.
- Consider the age of the dog.
- What type of breed, small or large?
- What dietary needs does your dog have?
- Always check the ingredients to determine what is actually in the food.
- Always research the brand you are choosing and go with a trusted branded such as Nature’s Recipe.
Of course, some of it will come down to your dog’s preference. Our dog, Callie, LOVES Nature’s Recipe. We noticed when deciding on what is the best food for her that some of the dog foods, she had no interest in.
When we started feeding her Nature’s Recipe, she devoured it. It certainly fueled the wag. She doesn’t stop wagging her tail while eating up her food each day. That made us feel even better about our choice.
We actually started her out on Nature’s Recipe as a puppy, be sure to check out these 5 Ways to Keep Dogs Active. She is still enjoying her Nature’s Recipe each day.
Plus, what more is there to love when you have pumpkin in your food? I may be a little too obsessed with pumpkin, when I am this excited to feed it to our dog.
As you pick out the right dog food, be sure to check out Nature’s Recipe Grain Free products at Walmart!