As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within the post.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Recipe. The opinions and text are all mine.
It’s vital to a dog’s life to keep them active and engaged, these ‘5 Ways to Keep Dogs Active’ should help you enjoy all the time you have with your dog.
We have had our little puppy, Callie, for just over 2 months now and we have found rather quickly that she needs to stay active and have some intentional playtime. It had been over 10 years since we had a puppy until these past few months. I really forgot what it was like to have a puppy in the family. I’m reminded each day we lose another toy to her teeth, that chewing is certainly on the top of her to-do list. She’s just over 4 months old, so we do still have quite a while of chewing ahead of us.
One struggle we have had over the past few months is finding the right food for her. I remember having this challenge with our other dog as well when she was a puppy. It’s hard to find the right food when there are so many options; however, we finally found one that she really loves. This is a great thing too because she’s on the small side and we are thrilled that we can pick up Nature’s Recipe for Callie at Walmart.
I used to have to go to the pet store to get it, then back to Walmart for our groceries, and now, I can get it all at the same place. We found she loves the Nature’s Recipe Grain Free Puppy Food. It has REAL chicken, sweet potato, and pumpkin, all natural ingredients. We were barely able to get it in her bowl before she gobbled it up. I love that there is no corn, wheat, preservatives, or artificial colors in it. That’s honestly a bit hard to find these days in regards to dog food.
Nature’s Recipe strives to make purposeful recipes that really add vibrancy to the lives of all of our fur babies. Callie now loves when we feed her and she gladly eats it. Our older dog loves it so much; we are in the process of switching her food over to Nature’s Recipe as well. I’m anxious to see how it helps her as well. I also really like that Nature’s Recipe offers more grain free options compared to other brands.
Now food, of course, is the key to the energy of a dog, so that’s at the top of the list but I thought I’d share these ‘5 Ways to Keep Dogs Active’.
5 Ways to Keep Dogs Active
- Choose the Right Food – Food is key to keeping their bodies in shape and also their energy level in check as well. Be sure to choose the right food for your dog.
- Daily Walks – It’s necessary for dogs to get walks each day and this allows you to enjoy the outdoors as well. Plus, you can do some training with your fur babies too.
- Agility Training – If you really want to test their skills, create an agility course right in your backyard and take some time each day to work with your dog to teach them how to do the course.
- Fetch – One of the best games for dogs is fetch, plus it’s one of the simplest too. Simply find a good ball or toy and play fetch with your dog. This allows them to really learn their name and get all those wiggles out!
- Lots of Water – Just like us, dogs need lots of water to keep their energy up. Be sure that your dog has fresh water each day and lots of options to get drinks.
Now have you tried Nature’s Recipe? I know we’ve certainly switched to it for our puppy and will likely soon switch over for our senior dog as well.
Enjoy that sweet time with your fur babies!
Pin for later –