Make breakfast or brunch fabulous with these Hamburger Stuffed Omelets.
I shared these Hamburger Stuffed Omelets a few years back now, and they are so delicious we decided to make the again and share them again too. They are a great addition to your menu and can be made with ground turkey too.
A few weeks back, I actually stopped during lunch and took a break. Can you believe it? A mom gets a break? Who knew! I’m sure though my break consisted of folding the laundry while watching Rachel Ray.
A recipe she was showcasing that included hamburgers made to taste like sausage intrigued me, the ideas immediately started churning.
Before I watched this show a restaurant we ate at served Hamburger Omelets and they looked AMAZING. Then, it hit me, hamburgers that have a sausage taste with the omelet? Perfection.
How do you make Hamburger Stuffed Omelets?
I immediately headed to the kitchen to try out these Hamburger Omelets. They are so easy to put together, plus you can use whatever you have on hand include peppers, onions, spinach, and cheese for the omelets.
I decided to use my grill pan on my stove to make the burgers. I simply formed 4 patties with a pound of ground beef, then I grilled the burgers on both sides for about 10-15 minutes until they reached 165* and were well done.
Next up, it was time to make the omelets. The omelets are simple to make and you can even use egg whites.
I decided to do 2 eggs white for mine and 1 egg yolk to cut down on some of the cholesterol since the burgers probably did me in. Of course, you could also swap out the ground beef for ground chicken or turkey too.
Now are you ready to dig in because I am.
What do you like to put in your omelet? I’d love to hear it.
Hamburger Stuffed Omelets
Hamburger Stuffed Omelets
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Sage
- 8-12 Eggs
- Peppers Onions, Spinach
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Optional: Salsa Salt/Pepper
- 1. Begin by combing the ground beef with the seasoning, creating 4 patties.
- 2. Using a grill pan, place it on the cook stove and heat up the stove until you reach medium heat.
- 3. Place each patty on the greased grill pan, let these cook on each side for about 10-15 minutes or until at least 165* internal temperature.
- 4. Once they are done, remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease drain out.
- 5. In a medium skillet, being making the omelets. Whisk together 2 eggs or 2 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, then pour the whisked egg into the greased skillet.
- 6. Let these cook until they begin to bubble, and then add your toppings including the burger to one side of the omelet.
- 7. Using a spatula, carefully release the empty side of the omelet and fold in half to cover the meat and veggies.
- 8. Let these cook until slightly browned.
- 9. Continue this process for remaining burgers.
- 10. Top with salsa or a little salt and pepper then eat up!