Get ready to feed the family a new favorite with these Gluten-Free Sweet and Tangy Meatballs!
Are you ready to make the BEST meatballs you’ve ever tasted? This recipe was shared with me by my Aunt Toni many years ago. She had 3 boys to feed and these were always a hit because they made so much!
This recipe makes at least 24-36 meatballs. In our family of 4, we will typically freeze half of the meatballs to save for later.
I actually held on to the recipe for a long time before trying it. Of course, then when we did try it, my life was changed forever. I now use this tangy sauce for a variety of meals like these Tangy Sloppy Joes.
What is the secret to Sweet and Tangy Meatballs?
It’s all in the sauce. This recipe will not taste the same with any other sauce, it’s vital to the sweet and tangy factor to make that sauce. It’s delicious, you will love it and it gives the meatballs a different taste than traditional meatballs.
What do you need for Sweet and Tangy Meatballs?
- Quick Cooking Oats or Gluten-Free Oats
- Evaporated Milk
- Chopped Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Beef
- Brown Sugar
- Liquid Smoke
That’s all you need to make these Sweet and Tangy Meatballs and soon you’ll be in love.
How do you Freeze Sweet and Tangy Meatballs?
Once you have fully cooked the meatballs, take the ones that you are planning to freeze and place them in a freezer-safe storage container. When you are ready to eat these, simply warm them up in the oven, slow cooker, or microwave and serve.
Can you make Sweet and Tangy Meatballs in the slow cooker?
Yes, if you want to make these in the Slow Cooker be sure to follow this recipe for Slow Cooker Tangy Turkey Meatballs. The ground turkey meatballs can be made with ground beef.
Sweet and Tangy Meatballs
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 2 Cups Quick Cooking Oats if GF use Certified GF Oats
- 1 12 oz Can of Evaporated Milk
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Cups Ketchup
- 1 1/2 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- In a large bowl combine first seven ingredients, crumble beef over the mixture and mix well.
- Shape the meat into 1 1/2 inch balls. Using the tablespoon measuring spoon works well to shape these.
- Place in two lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking pans.
- Bake these uncovered for 30 minutes at 375*.
- Remove from the oven and drain them.
- Place all meatballs in one of the pans. Set Aside.
- In a small saucepan bring all sauce ingredients to a boil.
- Pour over the meatballs and return to the oven.
- Bake these uncovered for 20 minutes or until no longer pink.