Make delicious Gluten-Free Baked Vanilla Doughnuts with simple ingredients in the pantry!
After making the Chocolate Baked Doughnuts, I knew I was going to have to try the Vanilla Baked Doughnuts.
Baked Doughnuts have become a favorite around our household especially for me. I really am not into the traditional fried doughnuts, so having them baked it can be dangerous. I could eat the whole plate!
I made these YEARS ago as in back when I first started to cook regularly, we have made them hundreds of times since then and they just never get old.
How do you make these Baked Vanilla Doughnuts into Gluten-Free Baked Vanilla Doughnuts?
It just takes a simple switch of flours. If you are making these vanilla doughnuts gluten-free, simply use a gluten-free all purpose flour.
I use Better Batter Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour to make these and it’s an easy simple switch of flours. It’s a 1:1 switch and so easy. In full disclosure, I do write menu plans with Better Batter; however, I can honestly say they are the BEST gluten-free flour.
I have been using Better Batter in all of my baking for nearly 7 years now, it’s an easy switch and it allows me to cook with just one flour, which I truly love. I’m not a fan of using several different flours to make something.
What do you need for Baked Vanilla Doughnuts?
- Flour or Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- White Vinegar
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
Enjoy these Gluten-Free Baked Doughnuts!
Gluten-Free Baked Vanilla Doughnuts
- 1 Cup Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 Tsp White Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Skim Milk
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a Doughnut Pan with bake easy and then using either a spoon or a decorators bag, pipe in the doughnut batter. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the doughnut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown.
- While the doughnuts are baking mix together the glaze ingredients adding more milk if needed.
- Let the doughnuts cool on a wire rack.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled drizzle the glaze over the doughnuts and add some sprinkles if you want.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Comments & Reviews
I’ve always wondered what donuts cooked in those molds would look like. My mother would make drop donuts (like very heavy dumplings) that were fried and then shaken in powdered sugar. Not that I couldn’t still enjoy them, but I hate working with hot fat like that, so these might just work. Now, I need to get the pan!! (I also saw your chocolate ones – yeah, baby!)
Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño says
Oh wow these look wonderful. Vanilla is my absolute fav!!!! New reader here 🙂
Tanya @ Mom's Small Victories says
I was looking for baked donuts recipes and these and the baked pumpkin donuts look great. I can’t wait to get a donut pan and try these out.