As the leaves change and the air is crisp, these gluten-free baked pumpkin donuts are the perfect breakfast choice!
If you are looking for some great donuts to try this season, be sure to try these Pumpkin Donuts and Apple Cider Donuts.
These donuts will mix all your favorite flavors of fall into one delicious treat. It is perfect paired with a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
How do you make gluten-free donuts?
These donuts are made with a simple swap of flour. Instead of using wheat flour, use Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
I typically use Better Batter; however, Cup 4 Cup and King Arthur work well too.
Gluten-free donuts are a game-changer for those of us with dietary restrictions, plus they are really easy to make with just one swap!
These are soft and cake-like as opposed to the fried alternative, better for you since it’s baked!
Why should you make Baked Donuts?
- Gluten-Free: First off, these are gluten-free meaning for many of us dietary needs will be met with these tasty donuts!
- Healthier Choice: It’s much better to bake donuts instead of frying as it decreases or eliminates any excess oil.
- Customizable: These are easy to customize, in this recipe we are using pumpkin to make Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts; however, you can also swap the pumpkin and make Apple Cider Donuts or you can make Gluten-Free Baked Chocolate Donuts too.
What pan should you use for Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts?
These need to be made with a Wilton Donut Pan, typically we are able to make 12 full donuts with this recipe. This will vary a bit depending on how much you fill the donut pan.
Tips for Making Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts:
It is best to use a cake decorating bag and pipe the dough into the pan. This will give you even dough and be much easier to handle.
Simply fill up the bag and cut the end off, then pipe into the greased pan.
Time to enjoy these tasty pumpkin treats!
Gluten-Free Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour or Regular
- 6 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp Skim Milk
- 1/4 tsp White Vinegar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Pureed Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp Butter Melted
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixer add in the dry ingredients then mix in the wet ingredients until the batter is well combined.
- Spray a donut Pan with nonstick baking spray and then using either a spoon or a cake decorator bag, pipe in the donut batter. If using a bag, fill up the bag then cut the end off and pipe into the pan. These typically need to be about 3/4 full to allow a little room for the donut to rise.
- Bake these in the oven 10 minutes or until nice and brown.
- Cool donuts on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes.
- While the donuts cool, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Carefully dip the donuts into the glaze top side down and onto the wire rack so that the excess can drip off.
- Top with cinnamon and serve.