Get ready for the perfect Homemade Fried Squash!
This year, we are not doing our own garden but we still get squash each week and my husband is always looking forward to his fried squash in the summer.
My kids love it too, it is delicious paired with some grilled meats and eaten out on the back patio enjoying the summer breeze.
It’s also a simple recipe and can be adapted with different veggies too like zucchini or even tomatoes. We like to do this same technique with green tomatoes. Fried green tomatoes anyone? I think so!
How to Make Homemade Fried Squash
I have a lot of squash, lots, tons. That does not describe it even slightly. My husband took charge with using some of our squash recently.
If you follow on Facebook, then you know I caught my husband in the kitchen frying up squash. Now, I am not a fan of many things fried and the smell of the grease, well that’s another story.
It makes me feel like I’m clogging an artery by simply smelling it.
My husband on the other hand? When you say Fried Squash? He says ‘More, Please’.
Check out this Air Fryer Squash for a Healthy Version!
This is my husband’s recipe, and it was pretty tasty and easy, even coming from someone who does not like deep fried foods.
All it takes is a little soaking and flouring.
A touch of frying.
And a lot of eating!
This makes the perfect side dish for any home cooked meal or eat as a treat! I am certain you are going to love this Homemade Fried Squash Recipe.
Now, pair this with your favorite garden fresh veggies for a delicious treat. It’s perfect as is or paired with a dipping sauce too.
- 1 Large Yellow Squash
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Milk
- Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- Pour enough oil in the skillet to coat the bottom. Then, heat the skillet to a medium heat.
- Next, slice the squash into thin slices and set aside.
- Then, beat the eggs in a bowl and mix in the milk.
- Using a large plate, pour out the flour onto the plate.
- Dip the squash into the egg and milk and soak. Once the squash is soaked, dip into the flour. The squash needs to be coated well on both sides with flour.
- Lastly, put it in the hot grease and fry. It will need to be turned frequently and quickly to avoid burning.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.