Make dinner delicious and gluten-free with these Chicken & Apple Sausage Pasta Bowls.
This post is brought to you courtesy of Aidells® Sausage & Barilla® Pasta, but all the opinions and content are mine.
Being gluten-free can obviously be a challenge but it can also be simple when you can find ingredients like Barilla® Gluten Free Pasta and Aidells® Sausage. I decided to combine these two products along with my favorite white sauce to create Chicken & Apple Sausage Pasta Bowls, which is completely gluten-free too!
One thing my family truly loves is pasta, so when I had to go gluten-free we still needed a good pasta option. Thankfully, we found one with Barilla®. They offer a wide variety of pasta noodles that are gluten-free and they cook just like regular noodles would. I was able to whip up this meal in just under 30 minutes!
I decided to add in some fresh peppers that we had picked up along with parsley too. I like the combination of fresh foods in this dish, the peppers complimented the noodles and sausage too giving it a delicious flavor.
The pasta is a combination of corn and rice with the classic taste and texture, then the sausage is a no nitrate and no hormone product that comes fully-cooked. I put these in our toaster oven actually and just baked them for a few minutes and they were ready to go! We’ve enjoyed these several times now as a stand alone item too.
These pasta bowls are perfect for the whole family from picky eaters to seasoned eaters! My family enjoyed them with a touch of garlic to the sauce too. I would pair these with garlic bread as well, gluten-free of course. They would also pair well with a delicious green salad.
Are you ready for a bite?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chicken & Apple Sausage Pasta Bowls
- 1 Package Barilla Gluten-Free Penne Pasta
- 1 Package Aidells Chicken & Apple Sausage
- 1 8 oz Package Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Garlic Salt to Taste
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Diced
- Parsley to Garnish
- Begin by preparing the pasta as instructed on the box.
- Prepare the sausage as instructed on the package, slice, and set aside.
- Once the pasta is well done, drain it and set aside.
- Using the warmed up pot that the pasta was in, add in the cream cheese and milk.
- Let this warm up until it's melted and mixed together.
- Add in a teaspoon of garlic salt up to your taste preference.
- Add in the peppers.
- Let this warm up then mix in the pasta and the sliced sausage.
- Stir well to coat, serve topped with parsley.