Make a delicious batch of these Easy Energy Balls that are naturally gluten-free too!
One of my favorite go-to snacks that give a boost of protein too is these energy balls. Energy Balls are simple to make and store, plus you can add a variety of add-ins to make them exactly what you prefer!
How do you store Energy Balls?
Energy Balls can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks to keep them fresh. We are usually through them in a week, we like to make a batch on Sunday and have them in the fridge throughout the week.
The main key here is to keep them in an airtight container so that they stay fresh. They have better consistency when cold as well.
Tips for Making Energy Balls:
These energy balls can be made with a scoop because they are messy to handle when forming them or you can spray your hands with cooking spray, such as PAM. This helps the batter not stick to your hands if you plan to use your hands to form them instead of a scoop.
A variety of mix-ins can be used for these, so you can mix and match a few of the options are M&Ms, chocolate chips, pistachios, cranberries, and many other nut options too.
If you are trying to do these allergy-free, you can use Sunbutter in place of the Peanut Butter too.
If you are making these gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats and as always check your ingredients to be sure they are not cross-contaminated. These are very easy to make naturally gluten-free, but it’s always best to check all ingredients.
These Energy Balls are packed with protein and good for you in moderation as always! We usually stick to eating 1-2 of these, just enough to give us a boost for the afternoon or the morning hours.
Energy these easy energy balls!
Easy Energy Balls
Base Energy Balls
- 3 Cups Gluten-Free or Regular Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 Cups Nut Butter Peanut, Almond, or Cashew
- 1 Cup Honey
- 3 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds or Hemp Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
Varieties of Mix-Ins
- 1/2 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Mini M&Ms
- 1/2 Cup Pretzels Crushed
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Pistachios
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- In a large bowl combine the oats, nut butter, honey, vanilla, salt, and seeds until well combined.
- Divide evenly into 3 medium bowls.
- Stir in the desired mix-ins into each bowl.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a little more honey or nut butter.
- Place each mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Remove and form into balls with a cookie dough scoop.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container. We prefer to store them in the fridge.
did you make this recipe?
Make sure to tag #mommyhatescoooking on Instagram and follow for more @momhatescooking
Leave A Reply!