This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DareToPair #CollectiveBias. It’s time to sit back and enjoy these Easy Eggplant Bites with Wasa Multi Grain Crackers.
Eggplant has become one of my favorite go-to ingredients for just about every meal lately from Eggplant Lasagna to Eggplant Parmigiana to these tasty Eggplant Bites!
I have two beautiful children that just happen to moonlight as extremely picky eaters. My daughter is a sweets eater and it’s very hard to get her to eat veggies, but I’ve learned a few things about her recently. The first thing that I learned is she loves green veggies. Who knew? I sure didn’t!
She loves kale and broccoli, so those are on our menu more often. The second thing is she loves little handhelds like these eggplant bites. She likes to be able to walk around and snack as she pleases and it’s just perfect that it happens to be pretty good for her too!
I decided to make these using Wasa Multi Grain Crackers instead of using flour, the cracker crust is the perfect crunch for the eggplant bites. It almost makes them a little bit like an eggplant chip.
These crackers blend together rye, wheat, oats, and barley into every bite.
These crackers are fairly tough so to crunch them, I decided to put them in the food processor. I used about half the bag and blended them up to be a nice mix between a powder and crunch.
Once I had them mixed, I added a few ingredients to them and it was a simple dip in an egg and then coat with the crackers. Then, when you are ready to serve these you can pair them with a fresh made marinara sauce.
I love mixing fresh produce with these Wasa Multi Grain Crackers to make Easy Eggplant Bites!
These made for a great snack for our kids and a delicious pairing. Be sure to save too with this Ibotta Offer at Walmart.
Have you tried them yet? What did you think?
Easy Eggplant Bites
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1 Box of Wasa Multi Grain Crackers
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Tsp Basil
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Rosemary
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- Marinara Sauce for Dipping Optional
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/8 inch slices and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat well then set aside.
- In a food processor, place the crackers in the processor and blend until they are crushed well.
- Place the crushed crackers in a bowl with the cheese, basil, parsley, rosemary, and thyme.
- Dip each eggplant slice in the egg, shake off the excess and then dip in the crackers coating the eggplant well.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Continue until done with all the eggplant.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp.
- Serve with marinara if you choose.