This Peach Crumb Cobbler is a go-to dessert for the summer!
One of my favorite perks about summertime is all the fresh produce including peaches. We love getting fresh peaches from a local peach orchard in town. They even have a peach festival in the summer months. Those fresh peaches are absolutely amazing. (Note, we just went there last week!)
I have found though I have some sensitives to fruits; however, if I bake them in recipes suddenly I can eat them with no issue. Weird…I know. I am not really sure why that is, but I am glad that I can enjoy fruits somehow.
This past week I tried out a recipe from my great great aunt’s cookbook for Fresh Peach Cobbler. I decided to call it Peach Crumb Cobbler, because it really was more of a crumb cobbler instead of what I would think of as peach cobbler. The great thing that I love about this recipe is it is very little butter and fatty ingredients.
I just told myself that meant I could enjoy a few extra bites. We decided to pair it with homemade vanilla ice cream, which of course was a match made in heaven.
This cobbler was so simple to make gluten free too, I simply switched the flour out for a gluten free all purpose flour. It had the same great taste without the gluten.
I also like to leave the skin on the peaches. I am a lazy peach peeler, I just hate peeling fruits and veggies!
Are you ready for a slice? Is it bad if I eat some for breakfast?
Enjoy this summertime treat! I could really eat this every single day, but hopefully I won’t…but I could!
This post was originally published back in 2014, but it’s still a favorite and worth sharing again! I hope you enjoy it.
Peach Crumb Cobbler
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour or Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 4 Peaches Sliced
- Vanilla Ice Cream Optional
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt until sifted well.
- Add in the beaten egg and continue creaming together until it becomes a crumb mixture.
- Spray a 9 inch round pan or an oblong pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced peaches evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Top the peaches evenly with the crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the crumb top slightly browns.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.