Chocolate Covered Snack Mix
As the holidays draw near so do all those parties, this Chocolate Covered Snack Mix is a great addition.
Tis’ the Season! I always love to serve easy and fun treats during the holidays and one that I enjoy getting my kids involved in is this Chocolate Covered Snack Mix. It’s perfect for the kids to help with because there is no baking involved and really you just can’t mess this one up. I decided to pick up Golden Crisp as the main cereal in this mix.
Over the holidays, my kids and I head into the kitchen and make several treats to drop off to friends and family just before Christmas. Typically we do this over the winter break since they always are out of school a few days before Christmas. I have several recipes on my list this year to make with them, but anything chocolate covered is always toward the top of the list! We’ll be adding some of this mix too. I added several ingredients into a big bowl, then simply poured melted white chocolate and milk chocolate over it and mixed it all up. Then, you pour it into a few baking dishes to let it fully harden. Once it’s done, you have a chocolate covered mix that you just won’t be able to stop eating, it’s so tasty! I love the pairing of sweet and salty.
Chocolate Covered Party Mix
- 2 Cups Golden Crisp Cereal
- 2 Cups Honeycombs Cereal
- 1/2 Cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 Cups Pretzels
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Candies
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- Add all ingredients except chocolate into a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave using a microwave-safe dish. Add it to the dish and put it in 30 second intervals until it's melted.
- Immediately pour the melted chocolate over the mix and stir it all together.
- Pour into parchment lined baking sheets or dishes to let it fully harden.
- Break apart when hardened and serve.
It’s going to be an exciting month, let’s get started on that holiday cooking early!
Enjoy!We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Disclaimer: This post contains links to products that I recommend. Many of those links may be affiliate links. In using those links, it does support the ongoing post and recipes shared on this website.